MKDS Tournament Winner
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So here's the thing, I might have an interesting business deal happening in the city of Osaka, supposedly the second biggest city in Japan, I'm told. Since we all dabble in japanese-produced games and so many of you people watch anime that I disabled avatars & signatures before I have an urge to rip my own eyes out
tongue.gif
, I wonder if any of you have some experience with the place...
It's not set in stone yet, but I've never really taken interest in Osaka, only fantasizing about Tokyo. Any huge differences between both cities?

Any info on lodging, fun places, community services and so on?

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
With a post like that, and basing a supposed business proposition on responses from a site such as this, one can only determine that any such venture (should it exist beyond your fantasy realm) that you lack even the will to use google, do your own research and lack the language skills to do said research in Japanese. If you were serious about doing business in Japan you would not be seeking "lodgings" at all, your financiers would have already arranged either company housing or a quality hotel.

Lazy bullshit laden dreaming frog weabo !

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
osaka is japan's 3rd biggest city. Yokohama is japan's 2nd largest city. osaka is a 2-3 hr bullet train ride from tokyo. but if you want cheap accomodation then you want to stay at a ryokan. ryokan's are house style hotels. it's good if you stay there with a couple of friends. cause ryokan's usually use share accomodation. they can range from 3000yen to 6000yen. this is in tokyo but i guess that in osaka they would be about the same. there are also things called capsule hotels. they are about 5000yen to stay at. it's good ifyou have had a big night out and can't get back by public transport. catching the bullet train will set you back about 5000-10000 for a one way trip to tokyo. i don't know much of osaka cause i never had a chance to go there when i was down in tokyo. but if you ever go to sapporo in hokkaido then i will have more information.

but if you want information then here is some

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka%2C_Osaka
places to stay.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/des...an/osaka/sleep/

and go seicomart!!! i have that convient store in the village i live at. you can only find them in hokkaido. and you do have a point about if a company has arrnged for you to stay in tokyo they would set accomodation.

and tokyo is too over rated. i mean there is a lot of things to do, but i haven't seen anything that i haven't seen in sapporo. and i can't find a damn thing in akihabara. spent a day trolling the place couldn't find what i was looking for.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WEEEABOOOOOOOOOOO~
I lived and worked in Tokyo for 5 months as something the usual person wouldn't do. (Trust me though, alot of Filipinos don't go to Japan as musicians only, entertainers rather.
wink.gif
)

Unfortunately I've never gone south to Osaka or even left the Kanto area.
frown.gif

Lodging should be provided by your 'employer' since a lowly and shady job as I did provided me with a place to stay.

I don't really know what to say. I want to say Circle fucking K or Ministop ftw but not really. Konbinis get monotonous.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info, delta123. I already googled most of the info I needed, but I was hoping to get some straight answers from "real" people. You know, not a tourist brochure website! I have never, and will never base my decisions on info I received from anything that carries advertisement.

I'm not dealing with or being hired by a company, and in my business (definitely not a 9-to-5 job), you have to be far more famous before people start finding a house for you! I mean, it's completely not their problem, I'm just considering moving there because it could be fun. I'm also not looking for a hotel, I dunno if the word "lodging" applies only to hotels and inns, I'm really looking for a place to live in. Rent, buy, whatever. I know that housing is very expensive in Japan and one should plan early just to rent a one-room studio. Well, I hope it's only just a typical Tokyo stereotype.

seicomart : It's spelled "weeaboo". I typed it earlier, you could have just copied it, tough guy!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would consider finding and contacting some "English Schools" in Osaka - private English instruction schools that schoolkids and adults go to in the evening - and ask them about help with finding an apartment. Renting an apartment in Japan can be tricky - there are some customs like the "key money" deposit that you might want to have some help on. While they might only offer such help to the teachers theyve hired, its always possible you might find one that will help for a fee. The owner/operator of these schools is often a foreigner (American/Canadian/Aussie, etc) so its worth a try.

I lived in Hiroshima for two years, but its been a long time. My wife's Japanese, from Tochigi prefecture north of Tokyo, so we go back every 2-3 years for a visit. I've been to Osaka, 1992 - saw sumo there, went to the Hard Rock Cafe, spent a lot of time in the hotel room with my girlfriend.
tongue.gif
Osaka is an awesome place to be - Kyoto/Nara is very close, and youre really right in the heart of it there. Osaka is viewed by most Japanese as being a bit "hipper" than Tokyo - most of the big comedians on TV come out of Osaka.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you want to find a place to live in japan, they can range from 40000yen to 200000yen according to size and area. 40000 yen will get you a 1bedroom apartment, but you have to buy all the fittings yourself like lights, stove, etc.basically everything. and that is in a small desolate area, i live in a rural village and i pay 43000yen a month but myhouse was fully furnished, cause thecompany i work with convinced my second employer to buy all that stuff for me. since you are living closer to the city i would imagine that you would pay about 50000-75000 yen for the same living arangeements as me. but with out the furnished house. every area will have a hospital, dentist and a grocery store. but since you are living in a major city then you will get other perks as well, like electrical goods store etc. (something that my village doesn't)

while osaka is the hip place to be, hokkaido is the cool place. serious it has a crap load of snow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou