any interest in modding/hacking FEW: Three Hopes?

Kimkadamura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is Smithing Stone offset 0x831BC (07 00) and Venom stone at 0x831F4 (06 00)

View attachment 316652

I tried to edit it to be 63 and it won't work.
Since the address is different from the class, I think that there will also be a separate "specific value".
A way to figure this out is to discard an item in the game and then compare the two saves.
maybe?
I do that when looking for flags

Reactions: MildSeven9Q

Kimkadamura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ab2.PNG

ab1.PNG

Most abilities can now be unlocked
I'll try to separate the flags one by one later
Unfortunately, the unique/class ability doesn't seem to be unlocked by flags. It can be used by modifying the equipped ability, but it's cumbersome to do this every time.
Now all that's left is the class unlock flag and the character unlock flag.

edit)
unique/class ability can be unlocked, but it seems impossible to equip it because it is not listed in Available Abilities.
ryujinx_capture_2022-07-05_11-38-47.png

When I clicked optimize, it was set like this lol

I modified it as I felt it, but the magic was unlocked
magic.PNG

ryujinx_capture_2022-07-05_11-44-42.png

quakeΣ looked like unusable dummy data, but it works fine

Attachments

• ability.PNG
    ability.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by Kimkadamura,

MildSeven9Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was able to make Edelgart learn all the abilities with Cheat Engine with your reference.
Thank you very much.
I noticed during the process that I could change another character's "unique
abilities" to Edelgart's "available abilities", I was able to save and load.
I haven't tried it yet to see if it works properly, but it could be interesting.

Sorry if the translated English is strange.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

boopbeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Amuyea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm, just used a 100% save file from the cheats thread and it works now
What thread was it :O

View attachment 316658
View attachment 316657
Most abilities can now be unlocked
I'll try to separate the flags one by one later
Unfortunately, the unique/class ability doesn't seem to be unlocked by flags. It can be used by modifying the equipped ability, but it's cumbersome to do this every time.
Now all that's left is the class unlock flag and the character unlock flag.

edit)
unique/class ability can be unlocked, but it seems impossible to equip it because it is not listed in Available Abilities.
View attachment 316660
When I clicked optimize, it was set like this lol

I modified it as I felt it, but the magic was unlocked
View attachment 316661
View attachment 316664
quakeΣ looked like unusable dummy data, but it works fine
Awesome findings :D

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
now this is the kind of thing I was looking for. although its odd he can change his costume because from what I heard unplayable characters only have one model while playable characters have a separate head and body model for switching classes
He was a playable character in Three Houses so that just carried over as they reused a majority of that game as a "base" to build this one.

You'll notice things like food preferences and such from FETH still carried over for the non playable folks like Hanneman.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Amuyea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of progress so far 😂 But need more people to research on items/gifts so that it will show correct names

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 5.02.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 5.02.11 PM.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 62

JazzParade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait so it's already possible to change characters around? I've been dying to play as Cornelia or Rhea in her Palutena cosplay just have absolutely no idea how to.

GamerMan8010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Does anyone here know if someone has been banned yet for using cheats for this game such as unlimited gold, etc?

I am aware that in general Nintendo doesn't want you doing that, etc etc, but I want to know if it's considered something that Ninty closely monitors for things they deem as "illegal/not allowed".

JazzParade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. Does anyone here know if someone has been banned yet for using cheats for this game such as unlimited gold, etc?

I am aware that in general Nintendo doesn't want you doing that, etc etc, but I want to know if it's considered something that Ninty closely monitors for things they deem as "illegal/not allowed".
AFAIK, if you're not playing online than... no? It changes nothing to anyone else other than your own save and it's harmless so I'm pretty sure it's fine.

boopbeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wait so it's already possible to change characters around? I've been dying to play as Cornelia or Rhea in her Palutena cosplay just have absolutely no idea how to.
I've replaced Lysithea with Cornelia in this save file, and also replaced the following:
Linhardt -> Hanneman
Raphael -> Alois
Caspar -> Thales
Petra -> Kronya
Ashe -> Solon
Ferdinand -> Nader
Lorenz -> Rufus

As for how you do it, it's a bit complicated, I just used Kimkadamura's findings as a guide. I don't know one thing about codes but I am good at experimenting.
I'll share some "simple" info for the save edit
I don't know much because I'm also getting to know this and that from today, but I've found some interesting things.
Everyone knows how to extract a save, so I'll omit it.
What I've found is a modification of a specific character's current class and equipped abilities.
Once each character has a "specific value", whenever you modify a value, you have to modify that value as well.
The address of Edelgard's "specific value" is 0x98FEC
And the address of the next character, Hubert, is 0x99D6C, which is 0xD80 away from this value.
(For reference, sez is 0x959EC, Since the distance from Edelgard's address is 0x3600 (0xD80*4), I think there will be characters in between.)
View attachment 316289
Wouldn't it be possible to find the address of another character by adding 0xD80 several times?
And the part that determines the class is 0x8C away from the address of "specific value"
So the address representing Hubert's class would be 0x99DF8.
View attachment 316288
Separately, I know that Kaiserin's identifier is 0x0028 by checking the 0x99078(0x98FEC+0x8C) value of Edelgard's savefile, which is a Kaiserin class.
2byte, little endian, so if it's 0F 00, it has to be revised to 28 00
The difference between the two values is 0x19. If you simply modify this, the save cannot be loaded e to the integrity check, so you need to correct the amount of change in the modified value to the "specific value" mentioned above.View attachment 316290
Since 0x19 has been added to the original value, you can modify it to 0x5B4B+0x19=0x5B64
it will eventually change like this
View attachment 316291
After loading the save, you can see this change.
View attachment 316292
If you enter the battle in this state, an error occurs.
You must change your weapon before entering battle.
View attachment 316293
View attachment 316294
View attachment 316295

The ones that are 0x92 away from the "specific value" are the currently equipped Combat Arts, and the Combat Arts 1, Combat Arts 2, Ability 1 to Ability 10 are in order of 2 bytes each.

Knowing this, you can infer back what the identifier for this Combat Arts is.
I know 0x0044 is Flickering Flower and 0x0041 is Raging Storm
View attachment 316296
This also needs to change the "specific value" by the amount of change
View attachment 316298
Unfortunately, Hubert can't use Raging Storm even with Aymr equipped. Still, he can use Flickering Flower.
View attachment 316300

I thought someone would make a save editor, but it was harder to find even the analyzed data, let alone save edits, than I thought.
I have no choice but try to "Jump in the deep end", but it's difficult
Please understand that there may be strange sentences because I used a translator, not an English speaker.

The only issue I've encounter is tho, is that I can't bring these characters into any story mission, they are only fully playable in the mock battle. You can play as them in story missions but if you attack anyone it will freeze/crash the game. But there is a possibility I did something wrong and you can actually use them in story maps but for now just use them in the mock battle.

I've discovered that these characters are fully voice which is strange as they have voice lines for commanding them do stuff, and praising each other after 200 kills. Even stranger is that Cornelia has a unique praise for Hapi after Hapi gets 200 kills, so maybe they will be playable as dlc.

Attachments

• SlotData4.rar
    524.5 KB · Views: 77

Amuyea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice that there are many character placeholders like 80? And Mimic on FE3H discord server was nice to give me the 010 script from different people to view the them more. They did have recruit ID ish maybe it could work?

JazzParade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've replaced Lysithea with Cornelia in this save file, and also replaced the following:
Linhardt -> Hanneman
Raphael -> Alois
Caspar -> Thales
Petra -> Kronya
Ashe -> Solon
Ferdinand -> Nader
Lorenz -> Rufus

As for how you do it, it's a bit complicated, I just used Kimkadamura's findings as a guide. I don't know one thing about codes but I am good at experimenting.

The only issue I've encounter is tho, is that I can't bring these characters into any story mission, they are only fully playable in the mock battle. You can play as them in story missions but if you attack anyone it will freeze/crash the game. But there is a possibility I did something wrong and you can actually use them in story maps but for now just use them in the mock battle.

I've discovered that these characters are fully voice which is strange as they have voice lines for commanding them do stuff, and praising each other after 200 kills. Even stranger is that Cornelia has a unique praise for Hapi after Hapi gets 200 kills, so maybe they will be playable as dlc.
This actually makes it even more probable that they will be added as DLC, then. If I'm not mistaken Koei always has some DLC characters already lying around the base game, so the DLC only makes them "playable".
In any case, that's a nice find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn