Question Any ideas how to fix SX pro, no light

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by yusuo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    So my SX pro has just given up on life, used it a few times today and all was good, apart from just now when I plug it in and get no light, no high pitch sound like I usually do and just generally no signs of life.

Any idea what I can do to breathe new life into this thing

2. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2016
    Germany
    Is it charged?

3. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Yes, I would get a light showing it charging if it wasn't remotely charged as it would charge off the switch. I also plugged it into my smart phone to see if that could get it to do anything, but nadda

4. sarrus

sarrus Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2007
    I had the same issue a few days ago. Stuck it in my phone and switch to charge. Didn't work. Plugged it into a USB port on my pc for a few seconds using the cable it came with, lit up again.

5. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Just gave this a go, still no luck

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Try plugging it into a PC to charge.
    Edit: Nevermind :ninja:

7. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Next question is what dongle can I get that's a little more reliable, I was having a look at the ns atmosphere I'm guessing the battery in it is rechargeable?

Unless anyone has any other suggestions. I already have the license for SX so just need something convinient to boot it

8. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Might be worth it to hook a power supply up to it and see if it works, May just be a dead supercap. On that same train of thought, maybe open it up and check for cold solder points.

x3n0 likes this.
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    NS Atmosphere is nice

10. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    are you still able to boot cfw with it?

11. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Obviously no since his dongle doesn't work, that why he is looking into using a NS Atmosphere dongle to push the payload.

12. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    well, mine sometimes doesn't charges and still boots

13. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well he meant he has 0% of power on that dongle so it won't push any payload even connected to a switch via rcm.

14. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I do mean it refuses to work flat out, it's a mini paperweight, I just bought a ns atmosphere off aliexpress for like £8.60 but it'll take a little while to get here, guess I'm stuck to my phone for now

15. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    You did well. This thing won't let you down. After you charge it initially, it will last for months before needing another charge. Very easy to flash too.

16. katsup

katsup GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Try leaving it plugged in to the PC with the included cable for awhile (~1hr). You have time while waiting for the new one anyway.

17. MorpheuZ

MorpheuZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
  18. lostdotfish

lostdotfish Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    This may sound a bit random but worth a shot. A lot of SX Pros were turning up DOA but this workaround made them wake up.

Use an alternative method (RCMSmash, NXLoader) to get into an RCM Bootloader (SX, Hekate etc). Now plug your SX Pro in and boot into your CFW of choice.

My SX Pro woke up as my console loaded into SX OS for the 1st time but was dead as a door nail before that despite me trying to charge it via Micro USB or an external USB C charger.

19. stick267

stick267 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    I'd recommend the RCMLoader One. Best dongle on the market imo. Very small and sleek design with support for multiple payloads, as well as a rechargeable lithium-ion battery rather than capacitors that the SX Pro uses.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCM...-SXOS-with-Injector-JIG-kits/32923168811.html

20. MachRc

MachRc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    just use your PC Download tegrarcmgui and the sx os payload.bin

or just use your android phone and download sx app (on sx os webpage) and use a OTC adapter to run rcm

my dongle has been broken for months and I just rely on my computer /laptop/phone 313133.

T-hug likes this.