Any ideas for a guy with really long hair ?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by apb407, Jun 7, 2010.

1. George Dawes

George Dawes Wanker

Nov 11, 2009
    Chad
    your wife's corpus uteri
    You can't wash your hair if you have dreads? Someone better tell my friends with them, they manage to wash their hair regularly and have done for a very long time.

Dreads definitely can get damp smelling if not dried properly after washing.

Undoing dreads is possible - you'll just need bottles and bottles of conditioner, a fine tooth comb and a LOT of patience. A friend of mine recently took out her dreads she had in for over 16years - some bits had to be snipped because they were just too locked together, but it mostly went well.

I second the pigtails, especially if you are into goff grrrls.

2. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    So your religion forbids cutting hair, but is fine with crazy stuff like dreads?

3. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Says the person who sent me a piccy of himself with black nails and black hair (or is that considered goth? I don't know anymore)

4. George Dawes

George Dawes Wanker

Nov 11, 2009
    Chad
    your wife's corpus uteri
    Nah, goff barely even exists anymore. People who claim to be goth these days are usually emos or gegger/metalheads.

5. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Get a friend and a couple of buckets of water. Tie-off the amount of hair you wish to remove and set it on fire. Have the water on hand "just in case" the situation gets out of control. Do this outside as burning hair will smell horrible. Tell your parents someone was messing with fire works and you got too close........or something like that.

That way, losing your hair won't seem blasphemous to your religion if it appears it was an accident....would it?

It's an idea anyway. At least I didn't crack jokes about religion.

6. flameiguana

flameiguana that's not me

Jul 12, 2008
    United States
    California
    be a metalhead [​IMG]

7. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Hm...Don't cut your hair, just trim it till it look's good?

You do know eventually you will have to cut your hair right? I mean, you'll be 50 something, and tripping on your hair, and stuff. Does your dad, or mother cut their hair?

8. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Purgatory
    Using copious amounts of gel, fashion it into a huge cone and pretend to be a wizard.

9. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    There is no pretend when it comes to wizardry!

10. George Dawes

George Dawes Wanker

Nov 11, 2009
    Chad
    your wife's corpus uteri
    Who says he will HAVE to?

Tell that to a sikh.

11. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    According to my friend Wikipedia:
    Are you allowed to shave your face? Can women shave legs and armpits? What about clipping your nails?

12. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Join a metal band as the singer, guitarist, or bassist and Windmill all the time. Thats what I would do at least... Or just dread it [​IMG]

13. apb407
    OP

apb407 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    Well we are not supposed to as men but in todays society women and some men do have like a looser interpretation of the religion and cutting hair. Men are actually not allowed to shave their faces and trimming is something thats debated because although its not exactly cutting it sort of is. personally i trim and shave body hair and cut nails just the hair i feel personally should not be touched. Some people follow a much tighter form of the religion my families a bit more laid back

And my hair actually used to be longer but since its always tied up and with the constant like combing it gets shorter naturally. My dads hair is only up to his shoulders actually but it used to be longer

14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Well, lots of girls have longer hair, and they have had a lifetime of exchanging information about it. A girl with questions about longer hair can usually find numerous friends around who have it, to ask. Far fewer guys have long hair, so it is not likely for many guys that they will really have anyone to ask questions of, who they will be comfortable asking. It really depends on the guy. Some guys look good with it, and some really really don't. The shaggy look works for some of them. Others look like total bums.

To my point of view, I do not think its very sexy for guys to have long hair. I prefer short hair for men. This is just to say.

15. 7mike7

7mike7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    get a huge afro

16. gdaym8

gdaym8 Banned

Banned
    Jun 8, 2010
    shave it off.

17. Based God

Based God Banned

Banned
    Jun 8, 2010
    United States
    Harlem, NY
    having long hair really gets in the way when youre trying to do something and wearing a hairband/tie is not an option

18. Gore

Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 15, 2007
    United States
    how long of hair are we talkin?
    pic

19. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    The amount of people who don't even read the orginal post is terrible.... He can't shave it off his religion sees it as sacred and it shouldn't be cut or trimmed. You could maybe go to a hairdressers and see if they can do something with it without cutting it.

20. gdaym8

gdaym8 Banned

Banned
    Jun 8, 2010
    tl;dr

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted