Gaming Any idea why Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars crashes on CFW?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using LME on a PSP 3000. I don't know if that's the best CFW or anything - my friend gave me the PSP already modded and it's just what it had installed.

Anyway, I boot up Crazy Taxi and it works for a few minutes off play, but then the power appears to abruptly die, with the screen going off and the power light shutting off. If I flick the power switch, it'll open the game back up, frozen, telling me to re-insert the UMD (there is of course no UMD). This happens consistently to Crazy Taxi, but doesn't seem to happen to any other game that I've tested thusfar. Any ideas how to fix this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Using LME on a PSP 3000. I don't know if that's the best CFW or anything - my friend gave me the PSP already modded and it's just what it had installed.

Anyway, I boot up Crazy Taxi and it works for a few minutes off play, but then the power appears to abruptly die, with the screen going off and the power light shutting off. If I flick the power switch, it'll open the game back up, frozen, telling me to re-insert the UMD (there is of course no UMD). This happens consistently to Crazy Taxi, but doesn't seem to happen to any other game that I've tested thusfar. Any ideas how to fix this?
I hadn't heard about LME, but looks like it has a different ISO driver than Pro, maybe there are some compatibility issues? Pro seems to be what most people use, so you could try that instead, but I don't know if it will help.
Also, Pro has an online plugin to enable online again since the official servers were shut down.
http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/
You can use that guide to switch to Pro, but it seems to be for 6.60, not 6.61.
6.61 is the absolute latest CFW you can get, and is recommended for unpandorable PSPs, since it has the Infinity permanent patch. But other than that, it seems to be about the same as 6.60.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not the ISO since I got a different one from a different source and still have the same problem.

I'm on 6.60 btw.

I'm pretty sure this PSP also has one of those modded batteries since the battery is too large for the back cover to fit it. Would that interfere with Pro CFW in any way?

Also another random question - any idea why my copy of Gauntlet Legends (PSX to PSP) has no music?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass