Gaming Any idea why a DSi XL would turn off by itself? (Not a Battery Issue)

SuperSonicRacer1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread says it. I was playing with my new R4i Gold 3DS RTS on my DSi XL, and the thing just totally shut off without warning. When I switched it back on, the battery was still fully charged, so I can't imagine it's that, and I didn't touch the power button, as that would've just reset the console. It has to be held to turn it off. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

The thread says it. I was playing with my new R4i Gold 3DS RTS on my DSi XL, and the thing just totally shut off without warning. When I switched it back on, the battery was still fully charged, so I can't imagine it's that, and I didn't touch the power button, as that would've just reset the console. It has to be held to turn it off. Any ideas?

I gotta tell you, I have an original DSi, and sometimes, while it's in sleep mode it just completely turns off for no reason.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta tell you, I have an original DSi, and sometimes, while it's in sleep mode it just completely turns off for no reason.
My mario special edition dsixl has never done that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just because the battery was full does not mean the voltage couldnt drop to low suddenly.

D

Deleted User

My mario special edition dsixl has never done that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just because the battery was full does not mean the voltage couldnt drop to low suddenly.

Well, I turn it back on and the battery icon is still full, so I'm not sure if my problem is an internal issue or something along the lines of that...

Payoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know it sometimes does to me when in sleep mode. I you remove your gamecart/flashcard in sleep mode (when you are playing, of course) the DSi turns off completely. Maybe it just got loose or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night