Any Idea where to find short - next debugging Steps for Switch Lite black screen

rickster26ter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello, I have a switch lite that I was trying to fix. I found that the backlight IC wasn't outputting any voltage. I managed to fix that, and am now getting 15.9V out. But my screen is still off. I know this is a good working screen. I did find a couple capacitors near the ribbon cable on the main board for the backlight IC and managed to replace them.

Any ideas on where to go from here with the screen not turning on? Also, I notice that the backlight does turn on for the first few seconds, but then turns off (backlight only, no actual pixels showing screen)

Attachments

• sw_lite.png
    sw_lite.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by rickster26ter,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Also, I notice that the backlight does turn on for the first few seconds, but then turns off
Are other power rails also turned off after few seconds?
A lot of components are turned on during the first seconds so maybe something else is taking the rest of the system down with it.
I would recommend to have a look at the voltages around the M92T36, this chip is managing all the power stuff and there are a bunch of schematics in various threads telling you what voltage to expect on components surrounding it.

Mojoswagger1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a switch lite that I was trying to fix. I found that the backlight IC wasn't outputting any voltage. I managed to fix that, and am now getting 15.9V out. But my screen is still off. I know this is a good working screen. I did find a couple capacitors near the ribbon cable on the main board for the backlight IC and managed to replace them.

Any ideas on where to go from here with the screen not turning on? Also, I notice that the backlight does turn on for the first few seconds, but then turns off (backlight only, no actual pixels showing screen)
Did you swap out/repair anything on the daughter board that has the controls for the left joycon input ? The component for the screens backlighting is on that board .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rax8NvkXfyI