Any IB'ers Out there?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by TwilightWarrior, Nov 7, 2014.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Hey guys, I'm a grade 11 IB student and I'm really messing up in HL english. For midterms I have about a fifty percent. Thing is since it's HL, next year the mark from first semester will be used in university apps and stuff. So I was wondering how my final mark by the end of this semester would affect my next year one. Thanks.

Please guys, I'm in need

2. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Well, I'm a grade ten student, and from what I understood about high school, if you don't do good in a class, you don't get your credit and your university can reject you. It won't affect your next semester, that much but just for the very one course.

3. TwilightWarrior
    OP

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

The thing is that that thats not how IB works :P

4. Ubuntuの刀

Ubuntuの刀 :^D

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    How does it work, then?

5. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    You are talking International Baccalaureate right? When I was in high school I went through the entire program but I don't understand what you are talking about... Is your English course a 2 year or something? Maybe things have changed a bit since I was in the program...

6. TwilightWarrior
    OP

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

Yes, basically it's a 2 year course because all HL courses are 3 semesters

7. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Yeah we had similar setups with our HOTA courses, Calc, and Bio courses. I think they are reporting to universities differently then we do here in the US though because I really don't have any idea what you are talking about lol.

Maybe you are saying that you are going to be applying to college based of your 11th grade year, that would make sense. In that case, you should talk to your consular and see what they say to do because you definitely don't want to apply to school with such a bad grade. What is your GPA? Do you even do that there?

8. TwilightWarrior
    OP

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

NVR mind man, I think I got it covered now. Thanks.