Hacking Any help for those that can't ftp?

V0ltr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I got henkaku installed just fine. My modem/router is unable to ftp for some reason. I've tried all types of configuration to no avail. At this point, I am modded but have yet to be able to install any homebrew. Is there any way to transfer the homebrew to the vita directly from the computer or is ftp a must for transferring files? Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can rename extension of file from vpk to mp4 and transfer it as a video via QCMA, then rename fike from mp4 to vpk to install. It's faster than ftp and good for transferring bigger files.
But try and fix ftp, it's quite necessary for transferring smaller files. Try hosting a hotspot from your smartphone and using ftp with that. Hotspot ftp works with TurboClient on Android afaik

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filezilla seem to be the only way with ftp. Though i tried the windows explorer and not work. It just hangs at loading pages. I even tried with android Esfile explorer, same response. I really wish that it worked or even USB connections was possible. Is weird how my 3DS content manager can work with Ftp just fine but not my vita.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filezilla seem to be the only way with ftp. Though i tried the windows explorer and not work. It just hangs at loading pages. I even tried with android Esfile explorer, same response. I really wish that it worked or even USB connections was possible. Is weird how my 3DS content manager can work with Ftp just fine but not my vita.

Why don't you try what I mentioned above? That is a really fast way to transfer stuff via USB...

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Why don't you try what I mentioned above? That is a really fast way to transfer stuff via USB...
I've tried this with no success. It shows copying the entire file in the savedata, but when I check it later with vitashell, only the savedata files are transferred, the vpks aren't in the folder. There is no unaccounted storage space used up, so the file isn't hidden somewhere. It just disappears.
Maybe something should be changed under QCMA settings?
@OP sorry for hijacking.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this with no success. It shows copying the entire file in the savedata, but when I check it later with vitashell, only the savedata files are transferred, the vpks aren't in the folder. There is no unaccounted storage space used up, so the file isn't hidden somewhere. It just disappears.
Maybe something should be changed under QCMA settings?
@OP sorry for hijacking.

Did you refresh the database after you put the vpk into the folder?

V0ltr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help guys. I will be doing the renaming trick to get my stuff on the vita. Apparently my modem is one of the newer high security nat modems and is a huge pain in the ass. Ive fiddled with it so much, im just done. So for instance i install an emulator using the rename trick, do i transfer the games for the emulator in the same manner by renaming? Once again, thanks everyone for the quick and helpful replies.

D

Deleted-355425

Thanks for all the help guys. I will be doing the renaming trick to get my stuff on the vita. Apparently my modem is one of the newer high security nat modems and is a huge pain in the ass. Ive fiddled with it so much, im just done. So for instance i install an emulator using the rename trick, do i transfer the games for the emulator in the same manner by renaming? Once again, thanks everyone for the quick and helpful replies.

Install some cfw on your router :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs