Hacking Any hacks to make the slot drive light permanent?

yumdoritos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, are there any hacks out there that makes the Wii's slot light remain on from shutoff till shutdown? I know what you may be saying, "Why don't you just email yourself to make the slit light glow"

Well, that's a good point, but there's several problems.

1.) My Wiiconnect24 is busted after Nintendo "repaired" my Wii last year
2.) It blinks when you send yourself a message, gets kinda annoying after a while.
3.) The light will turn off if you do any of the following: Go from game to Wii menu, or from Wii menu to game or other channel.

What I'm basically explaining is the light turning on when you turn the Wii on and it won't turn off until you shut it off.

So, does anything like this exist? Or is it to hard to do with purely software? I know there was a wii slot light demo application, so I'm just thinking the code that was used in that could be used on a bigger scale.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. i don't believe it can be done with software because there is not 1 app that always has control of the wii. so you can turn it on by various methods, but another app can come back behind that and turn it off. there is a really easy way to do it by taking off eth faceplate of the wii and soldering some wires. youtube has videos of how.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=161733
Speculating ppl here.
tongue.gif

But just use this semi-hard-mod, working perfectly fine for me without the need of soldering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ftb7XpNJM...feature=related

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The other topic is quite old.
I don't think this should be a problem to do, it should be possible to do with some modified IOS - but don't quote me on that.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use a modified IOS, you would need to call that IOS before it came on. and then something can still come around when that ios is not running and turn it off again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol