Emulation any good working snes slot 2 emulators?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or are NES DS' tabs and buttons VERY off? I'll tap an option and it'll register a tap for another option (sometimes far away from the one I pressed). It's only on NESDS that this happens. Example:

Load Game

Save State

Load State

Save Sram

I don't know if that's in order, but just for and example. I'll hit load game and it presses load state. I'll press Save Sram and it'll hit save state. Is this problem normal?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it normal exactly, but it is far from uncommon. You might try running it from a different flashcart if you have one, though I think it probably has more to do with the DS than the flashcart.

Someone posted a tweaked build over at the Pocket Heaven boards that lets you use button combos for the important menu functions. Here's the thread: http://boards.pocketheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=6191

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SNemulDS freezes with the 3 IN 1 in slot 2 on my R4 with quite a lot of games so you need to take it out
frown.gif

afaik you can edit the INI file for certain games apparently ?? altho I just remove my 3 IN 1 for the odd game
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option in the CFG file labeled "MapExtRam". That's what causes games to freeze. Just change the setting to 0 (I think) and it will work properly. I don't even know why the other option is available as it's so broken and doesn't seem to do anything.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Is it just me or are NES DS' tabs and buttons VERY off? I'll tap an option and it'll register a tap for another option (sometimes far away from the one I pressed). It's only on NESDS that this happens. Example:

Load Game

Save State

Load State

Save Sram

I don't know if that's in order, but just for and example. I'll hit load game and it presses load state. I'll press Save Sram and it'll hit save state. Is this problem normal?
This has always been a problem with NES DS. The latest build on the NES DS homepage is supposed to have updated touchscreen code. It works fine on my Supercard miniSD, but I've heard that others are still having problems. One user at PocketHeaven actually tested the same build on both his slot-2 device and slot-1 device, and the touchscreen was accurate only on the slot-2 device. Very strange, but no clue how to fix it. Just make sure you remove the stylus quickly to help avoid mistakes. Or use the build Destructobot posted which has the button combinations for save functions.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Just make sure you remove the stylus quickly to help avoid mistakes.
Actually, I've found that holding the stylus down on the screen helps when the touch menu is acting up. As long as you hold the stylus on the screen you can see what item nesDS thinks you're touching, and the action isn't taken until you lift the stylus.

Then again, I've never had big problems with the touchscreen, just occasional minor jumping around of the point it thinks I touched.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes, hold it down as long as necessary, but when lifting the stylus do it quickly. This increases the chance that whatever you had highlighted will be what is selected in the end.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did figure that out. You have to be precise and release the stylus quickly or it'll register a tap on a different option. It's just a bit annoying, but I could always use PocketNES (it's regularly updated anyways).

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get my brother a game cart for his birthday.

I was just wondering if there is any real advantage to a slot-2 over a slot-1 device.

If so, which slot-2 device? (Preferably one without a complicated procedure for loading games)

Thanks,
GJ

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GrJk said:
I'm going to get my brother a game cart for his birthday.

I was just wondering if there is any real advantage to a slot-2 over a slot-1 device.

If so, which slot-2 device? (Preferably one without a complicated procedure for loading games)

Thanks,
GJ
probobly G6slot2 is good. Only advantage of slot 2 is playing gba and nds games. But they need passcards which cost extra money. I suggest you just get him slot1 like TTDS from dealextreme for like $20

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I'll probably just get him an R4 card like I have. It only cost $53 including a 2gig miniSD.

yaynds.gif

andyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried using SnesDS - it created 18mb files and when I try to load it into RAM using GBAExplorer the app says the ROM is too big. Am I missing something?

andyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Looks like it's working now. Should it take a long time to load up a game though. It's taking several minutes for the whole process

EDIT - actually I think I'm going to have to spend some time looking into this as this isn't working properly. Getting black screens with sound.

andyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what's going on - I know I can load the rom properly in zsnes. I can load proper gba games with no problem. But whenever I try to load up the rom after passing it through snesds (using the latest snesadvance.dat) I get either a white screen or black screen with sound but for the wrong ROM. And it takes a really long time to copy the game as well (not sure if this step is necessary)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOR mode is very slow at loading games so it's normal for it to take several minutes. What SNES games are you trying to play? SNESDS doesn't have the best compatibility. To test if it's working properly, try Donkey Kong Country (version 1.0) and Super Mario World. Those are two games I have personally got working.

You might want to separate the SNES games into individual SNESDS files. I've not actually tried to compile several SNES roms into one SNESDS file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins