Hardware Any good Wii repair services? (stuck SD card)

djkcel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone recommend an online service for mail-in Wii repairs? My SD card is jammed in my Wii and there's no way I'm sending the system I've got to Nintendo
wink.png

I wasn't able to find much on eBay other than disc-reading repairs and such.

Thanks!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
about you not wanting to send it to nintendo, to be honest you could just backup your nand, and restore it when nintendo ships it back, if they do update or change anything on your system etc.
but if you don't want to send it to them because of other reasons (price? i don't know how much they would charge), then, sure good luck, i'm sure you'll find a site that will fix it :)

Reactions: djkcel

djkcel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response :) The Wii has been..umm..."tweaked," so I was afraid Nintendo would see this and refuse to work on it.

Question, though. Since SD isn't an option (the system doesn't recognize the card in the slot anymore), can I back up the NAND to a USB flash drive?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
haha no problem :)
just a 'warning', i think, if nintendo for some reason or other REPLACE your wii, like, if they get lazy etc etc and just send you another one instead, i don't think the nand backup would work... i think it is tied to the console.
there might be a way to get around that, but either way, nintendo won't just send you a blank wii, they would copy all the stuff you had on it before etc.
i'm sure everything will be fine, people here will help, good luck :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no