Any good Wii repair services? (stuck SD card)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by djkcel, Mar 10, 2014.

1. djkcel
    OP

djkcel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    Can anyone recommend an online service for mail-in Wii repairs? My SD card is jammed in my Wii and there's no way I'm sending the system I've got to Nintendo [​IMG]

I wasn't able to find much on eBay other than disc-reading repairs and such.

Thanks!

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    about you not wanting to send it to nintendo, to be honest you could just backup your nand, and restore it when nintendo ships it back, if they do update or change anything on your system etc.
    but if you don't want to send it to them because of other reasons (price? i don't know how much they would charge), then, sure good luck, i'm sure you'll find a site that will fix it :)

djkcel likes this.
  3. djkcel
    OP

djkcel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the response :) The Wii has been..umm..."tweaked," so I was afraid Nintendo would see this and refuse to work on it.

Question, though. Since SD isn't an option (the system doesn't recognize the card in the slot anymore), can I back up the NAND to a USB flash drive?

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    djkcel likes this.
  5. djkcel
    OP

djkcel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2010
    United States
  6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    haha no problem :)
    just a 'warning', i think, if nintendo for some reason or other REPLACE your wii, like, if they get lazy etc etc and just send you another one instead, i don't think the nand backup would work... i think it is tied to the console.
    there might be a way to get around that, but either way, nintendo won't just send you a blank wii, they would copy all the stuff you had on it before etc.
    i'm sure everything will be fine, people here will help, good luck :)

7. Tek-Tronx

Tek-Tronx Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2014
    United States
    We can certainly help you. We do wii repairs all the time and would be glad to help. You can email us for details. teks@tek-tronx.com