Gaming Any good RPG games for DS?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not a frequently RPG player but I found Avatar surprisely quite good. Obviously Zelda: Hourglass
tongue.gif

You can have a look on Gamespot, they have excellent choices of RPG.

This game is like Marmite. Some people hate it some people love it. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. I loved that game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ones I have enjoyed so much that I finished are:
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
Mario & Luigi 2: Partners In Crime (Not as good as the GBA game but worth playing for the"lolz").
Tingles Rosy Rupee Land (A big suprise and a vastly underrated game, Tingle is a ladies man in this!)
The World Ends With You (I did get bored halfway through and stopped but went back to it).

All the others on the DS just didn't do it for me.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
The only ones I have enjoyed so much that I finished are:
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
Mario & Luigi 2: Partners In Crime (Not as good as the GBA game but worth playing for the"lolz").
Tingles Rosy Rupee Land (A big suprise and a vastly underrated game, Tingle is a ladies man in this!)
The World Ends With You (I did get bored halfway through and stopped but went back to it).

All the others on the DS just didn't do it for me.

2nd'd ... especially Tingle's game ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
Hadrian said:

so now Mario and Luigi are Criminals!
biggrin.gif
Yes its a completely different game that Nintendo gave me for being so mega cool. I was meant to keep it as a secret but hell.

EDIT: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass isn't a RPG, its an action/adventure game.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
FFIII is also a good start, if you want, you can also try Final Fantasy Fables, its an rpg packed with mini-games and card duels too.

Zelda is RPG/Adventure. Why else would you play as Link if you're not playing his role?
tongue.gif

@hadrian, loved your Tempcast 11! I keep listening to it! And you also mentioned a rom site!
biggrin.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Torrunt said:
Lunar: Dragon Song is pretty good, Gamespot only gave it 6.1/10, it has it's flaws but it's still a pretty fun rpg. The other DS RPG's i play have already been mentioned (Zelda and the Avatar Games).
You are history's greatest monster.

Well, maybe not that bad, but I personally wouldn't recommend Dragon Song to anyone, not unless you're really really desperate for an RPG. It's just not very good.

Not that it has much competition.

There's Magical Starsign for humorous magical-school adventures... it gets a bit repetitive, too, though. I couldn't manage to finish it.

Etrian Odyssey is fun if you like very oldschool first-person 3D wizardry-style games. Note that it can be extremely hard depending on how you build your party.

If you like strategy-RPGs, Rondo of Swords just came out and seems pretty good; it's a tad strange in terms of rules, though, which can take some getting used to. It's also unexpectedly difficult at points.

A more traditional strategy-RPG can be found in Luminous Arc, which is a generic 3D strategy-RPG with an extremely generic plot. It's still quite fun if you like that sort of thing, though.

Don't forget older systems. If you have a GBA attachment, there's lots of GBA RPGs you might have missed. You might enjoy emulating some old NES RPGs, too... there's many fan-translated ones that are very good.

kwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol missed a few.
Luminous arc did it for me the storyline and gameplay just was amazing. It is relevently hard if you are new to RPG but regardless it's a great game. Anther would be advance wars dual strike and dark conflict and to be perfectly honest dark conflicts was way to short and way to easy to do for me but regardless both of them are great games espcially dual strike.

D

Deleted User

wilddenim said:
I'm not a frequently RPG player but I found Avatar surprisely quite good. Obviously Zelda: Hourglass
tongue.gif

You can have a look on Gamespot, they have excellent choices of RPG.

This game is like Marmite. Some people hate it some people love it. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. I loved that game.

QUOTE(Lloyd14 @ Apr 25 2008, 09:39 AM) Final Fantay III and ring of fates.
Mario and Luigi 2: Partners in time.
AND OFCOURSE ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS.

Agreed with thebobevil, they're not RPGs =\
You play 'the role' as Mario, yet they're not RPGS (well, yeah, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, and Super Mario RPG aren't...)... same could be said for 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3' where you play 'the role' of Tony Hawk, so that makes it an RPG?

kwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No offence but zelda phantom hourglass was such a let down. The graphics were nice alright, storyline just fine but then all the other zelda games were so much more challenaging like oceania of time *however you spell it =P* it was so much harder and much better this one was just too easy for any zelda fans=/

D

Deleted User

kwan said:
No offence but zelda phantom hourglass was such a let down. The graphics were nice alright, storyline just fine but then all the other zelda games were so much more challenaging like oceania of time *however you spell it =P* it was so much harder and much better this one was just too easy for any zelda fans=/
That actually would be an amazing game
grog.gif

Discovering a lost continent... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: