Any good presents i can request brought back from Hong Kong?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i get a call from my mother who's off doing a tour of China and she's flying into Hong Kong on Sunday and wondered if there was any stuff that i'd specifically want. Now i'm sure there's loads of cool stuff that i can't get because i'm in the straightlaced UK but for the life of me i can't think of anything....

So now i call upon you, my fellow tempers, to tell me what i need to suggest to her. I'll take any suggestions...i have no idea how much holiday cash she has to burn on me!
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone's daughter?

It'd just go to waste otherwise.

Just kidding, if you take this seriously than you need to take a chill-pill, stat.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Someone's daughter?

It'd just go to waste otherwise.

Just kidding, if you take this seriously than you need to take a chill-pill, stat.

Luggage weight restrictions permitting....
wink.gif

And no pills required!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Asian countries usually have some sort of cool gadgets/accessories for your electronic devices you'll hardly find elsewhere, if you can even find it at all. Some of them are pretty sweet.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Carbon - Yeah, that's why i made the topic....need some ideas. Imagine asking your parents to bring you some cool stuff and picture the results.

Infinite Zero - I can see you're the optimistic type.

Rydian - .........

hullo8d - Nah, happy with a Cyclo and a DSTwo really...

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
xist said:
Carbon - Yeah, that's why i made the topic....need some ideas. Imagine asking your parents to bring you some cool stuff and picture the results.
Well, depends on your parents' budget. If you're expecting something cheaper, I'd go for some accessories for your electronics. They've got anything from decorations to cheaper hardware accessories. I got myself an LED NSMBWii Mushroom in Japan for $100 Yen. If you're looking into actual electronic products, Asian countries' larger hardware corporations won't be very interesting. You'll have to go into a local area, usually a smaller road away from the main large buildings, and there you can find tons of gadgets being sold for really bargain prices. I've found Wii consoles being sold for $100 USD, hard-modded, when I was back in Taiwan.

Being the fact that Hong Kong is just south of Shenzhen, China, you might encounter shops that sell stolen / rip-off (and by rip-off I mean the exact same phone without the OS installed) for half the price of the original.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres tons of cool electronics for you in China like the one i want atm is a PS2-to-usb adaptar for my PS2 controller that can only be bought from china which is lame cos i have a ps2 emulator and games on my PC but i want to play it with a normal PS2 controller

Also you can buy ANY console ever made in china so if you want one go it one!
Some might be in chinese though and or region locked

I suggest getting Ipod Touches as those are easy to hack and change the language settings etc

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe laptops are very cheap in Hong Kong, ranging from Apples to Sonys, and possibly more. There's also always the generic little anime shop if you like anime (i love those places, I got myself an official Bleach dvd, and a Domo Plushie

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
Theres tons of cool electronics for you in China like the one i want atm is a PS2-to-usb adaptar for my PS2 controller that can only be bought from china which is lame cos i have a ps2 emulator and games on my PC but i want to play it with a normal PS2 controller
Lolwut?
I've got two, I got them from amazon, and I got them from an american shop. They sent a different one than pictured, and while the one they sent works perfectly with an official PS2 controller, ti didn't work with a dance mat I had, so I told them it wasn't as advertised, and they sent... the same one. So I've got two. XD I dealt with their support and site/sales, it's definitely not chinese.

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-USB-Dual-Control...1343&sr=8-6
That pictured one is the one I wanted (confirmed working with the Pump It Up PS2 pad), but they sent me a black one...

I mean it still works perfectly for the actual PS2 controller, I was just a disappointed pump player. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: