any good places to buy an unmodded wii?

jbheydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to find a place where you can buy a wii without any homebrew or hacks installed any places online people? but also i mean i know you people here like homebrew and all but i want a unmodded wii like a place to find one also mods move this to wii pls oops forgot to place it somewhere else

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried eBay or OfferUp? You might even find some at your local Goodwill in the electronics section.

That said, even if you're having trouble finding unmodded Wiis, there are guides that cover unmodding modded Wiis, like this one:

I am curious why one would want to do this though: Modded Wiis provide more features, and the only reason one wouldn't want to mod them is to prevent getting banned, unable to connect online.

However, the Wii's online features are (ironically) now only available by modding the Wii, because Nintendo pulled the plug on their Wii online services: modders provided alternative networks to connect to.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
the only reason one wouldn't want to mod them is to prevent getting banned, unable to connect online.
I haven't heard of a single Wii or Wii U getting banned yet. Only 3DS and Switch so far.

timidIntensegirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to find a place where you can buy a wii without any homebrew or hacks installed any places online people? but also i mean i know you people here like homebrew and all but i want a unmodded wii like a place to find one also mods move this to wii pls oops forgot to place it somewhere else
My local game store has stacks of used Wiis. Maybe you have a similar store nearby?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Places like Ebay, Mercari, Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up etc, if you were buying locally it probably be cheaper due to no tax and no shipping fees, just make sure it work before buying.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of a single Wii or Wii U getting banned yet. Only 3DS and Switch so far.
Yes, most 3DS ban are associated with leaked Pokemon games (leak prior to release) that gamers didn't disable the SpotPass.

I thought that ban on Wii U only occur if buy games with stolen credit card (account ban).

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.