Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone has any good ideas, I want to destroy some asshole who probably has some ass hat bargain shared server. So tomorrow I got my guys downloading videos left and right all day manually, any easier ideas?

Oh yea, the point is to eat his bandwidth so his host turns his site off.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
And highly illegal, just mentioning it can get you into trouble now a days. ;p

o rly?
We talk about flashcarts, roms, and ISOs all the time...
tongue.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could have some these guys run programs that download the entire website from the server, making sure the program goes down each level to get each video etc etc. There are plenty of programs that offer this function. I haven't done a really comprehensive search yet...but googling around shouldn't be too hard.
Assuming it downloads the videos on the site as well...and it should be a nicely automated process. Once the DL is done, delete and start again! =)

I'm still thinking if there are other ways...maybe you could somehow show his provider he has violated their Terms of Service somehow?? Start spamming his links (sounds like you wouldn't want to promote him tho) and then go ahead and report that he is spamming??

Freeware Entire Site Download App

Above application is named BackStreet Browser...pretty sure the description fits what you would need it to do.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iritegood said:
Narin said:
And highly illegal, just mentioning it can get you into trouble now a days. ;p

o rly?
We talk about flashcarts, roms, and ISOs all the time...
tongue.gif

Yea, but DDoSing a server is a federal crime in some countries and even may be considered cyber terrorism, its a much steeper penalty than just piracy. Your disrupting not only that website, but any website that uses that server or data center as well as all the connecting servers from the PC sending the traffic to the opposing server and potentially disrupting alot of people in the process. Hence why many countries consider it a serious crime.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guy's host will probably sue you if you DoS him. Just link the site here and we'll mass download too. No site can withstand the wrath of GBAtemp (or my university's Terabit connection).

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes I don't want to do anything illegal, just trying to help the guy understand their is more to running a site than jumping on some bargain server
smile.gif

And no I don't want to promote the site, just eat his valuable bandwidth
smile.gif

Thanks for the link PBC I'll try it tomorrow
smile.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have a new idea, Firefox often will create a file(2) when you download the same file twice.
So the idea is to create a html page (non hosted) and we can just keep clicking so firefox will download
file(3)
file(4)
file(5)
ect...

The problem is the file is a .swf so we have to right click and save. Is there a way to code a site so it downloads the .swf instead of opening it into the player?

*Edit
Didn't mean to double post, thought the merge feature was working
frown.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it really considered cyber terror? I mean your just download files, thats the purpose of the net is it not? I don't really want to do anything illegal especially after recent events. From my understanding the net is designed to offer a service (Download shit) so that is all I am doing. Anyone trying to run a real site should be ready to deal with high bandwith imo

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WeaponXxX said:
Anyone trying to run a real site should be ready to deal with high bandwith imo
That's just stupid man. If he really needs to deal with high bandwidth that'll be because he needs it from having many people, not just from one guy that wants to eat his bandwidth.
Bandwidth costs him money while it delivers you nothing, so I really don't see the fun in this. :\

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was on GBATemp, but I guess I stumbled upon 4chan all over again......... This type of talk will get you in some serious trouble, and anyone else posting idea's as well.... not only that, but may bring federal agencies to start checking out this site.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
I thought I was on GBATemp, but I guess I stumbled upon 4chan all over again......... This type of talk will get you in some serious trouble, and anyone else posting idea's as well.... not only that, but may bring federal agencies to start checking out this site.

To "start" checking out this site? Buddy, they've been hounding us for years, but the last agents who tried to investigate us were never heard from again. They leave us alone, we let them live.

And this the Testing Area, which is pretty much a mini 4-chan.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Number one the guy is stealing my business it happens all the time.
Someone creates a fucking avatar and then someone else claims it as their own and people go all up in fucking arms. "Its not right" OMG "OUTCRY" ect, ect.

There is really NOTHING you can do. If I bought GBAtemp.COM and started making money off confused would be new members you damn well people would be pissed.

Eventually the guy in question will fail but as he is a local nuisance I'd like him to fail quickly so he will stop nipping at my fucking heels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm