Any good guide for brand new owner of R4/3-in-1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AlmostCrimes, Jul 7, 2007.

1. AlmostCrimes
    OP

Newcomer AlmostCrimes Member

United States
    I recently purchased the R4 and the 3-in-1 cause it lookd like the best way to go for the price. It's a little daunting but I'm trying to get my head around everything you can do.

Took me awhile to figure out I needed the 3in1 Exp Pack 1.9 to play GBA games... was playing Shining Soul II (one of my favorite games) but I couldn't save =\

Also what's the best way to get my Pokemon Diamond save file from my commercial cart to the R4? And is there a way to make it think there's a cart i nthe Slot 2 like Pokemon Leaf Green for the additionial pokemon?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I think the only good option for getting Diamond or Pearl saves with the R4 is savsender. Savsender uses the DS wifi connection to transfer a save from the DS game directly to your computer. It therefore requires a working wifi connection. If you're going to try savsender you should also check out Savreceiver.

The only other option I know of is eepinator, but I don't think it will work for getting a save from Diamond or Pearl with just the R4 & 3-in-1.

There is a patch for Diamond/Pearl that will allow you to use the 3-in-1 for linkage & migration. Get it here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=15

3. AlmostCrimes
    OP

United States
    I couldn't find any place on the EZ4Client to patch SRAM... so I used GBATA, said it successfully patched Shining Soul II but it still fails to save.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The EZ4 Client calls it "Add Save Patch", you just make sure that box is checked, and the "reset" box is unchecked.

When you start the 3in1 Exp. Pack Tool after saving in a game, does it have a filename in the "Current SRAM Save" box, or does it say "Empty or new state"?

5. AlmostCrimes
    OP

United States
    Oh well I finally got Shining Soul II to save... so that's cool.

6. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France