Gaming Any good games for DS after 3DS release?

pilotpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys. When i bought 3DS i totally forgot about my DS and i was wondering if there was anything interesting released for old good DS after 3DS premiere? Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
theres going to be a pokemon game, i think there was a layton,inazuma eleven 2/3 are quite liked, max and the magic marker for the younger people, pokemonxnobunaga will probably be enjoyable too.
devil survivor 2, even though its a bitch starting at day 6

its not the end yet.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
311ksg7.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi XL/LL and DSi are still alive and well in Nentendo's books; keeping their mobile console sales afloat. They are subsidising for the slow 3DS launch.

They just did a price drop, a DSi is now like $99. USD and a DSi XL/LL is now like $130 maybe $140, cant remember. I think NTSC/USA/NorthAmerica just got 2x new DSi XL/LL colours too.

Of course no colour beats the Yellow PAL DSi XL (I got one too :P)

Reactions: 1 person

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post but yesterday in the breakRoom's paper @myWork I found this Target flyer.

uvNf9.jpg

I ripped it out, took it home and scanned it :P

Anyway it looks like the DSi XL/LL is now $129.99 USD and the DSi is $99.99 USD (You will probably have to pay tax on top of that; different % depending on what state you live in, but they are ~$150+ USD on Amazon. The flyer also mentioned new colours; midnight blue and metallic rose.

Now I've seen the midnight blue DSi XL/LL in real life (a PAL one) and it is a lot darker. I don't know what is up with Targets printer or even if that is the issue, but the DSi XL/LL they have pictured does not look like a colour that was ever produced. It would be cool if it was as I like it a lot more than the dark shade the midnight blue is, but then again it's Target T_T

If you check out these GameStop search results
You'll see the Midnight Blue DSi XL is a dark blue like the PAL one.
I don't really care for the Metallic Rose DSi XL as I find it an ugly colour.

Metallic Rose:
metalic-rose-dsi-xl.jpg

Here is a photo of the PAL DSi XL colours.
newdsll.jpg

A lot of people in NA are dying for the green one. I don't really care for it. I got the yellow one in England this winter as it reminded me of my Yellow/Dandelion Gameboy Color I got for my 8th birthday as a Kid

Japan got the same as Europe/PAL.
large.jpg

I think they got a red one too, but with out the mario branding, maybe not.

I know that Japan had a white one that both EUR/PAL and NA/NTSC missed out on,
Nintendo-DSi-LL-Natural-White.jpg

and both japan and EUR/PAL got the Bronze and Burgundy colours, but they were called Dark Brown and Wine Red. Still the same colour though
IXL_DSi_XL.jpg

Just to complete this post here is the Red Special Edition Mario DSi XL/LL that was released for Mario's 25th anniversary.
nintendo_red_dsi_xl_system_with_mario_kart____ds_game.jpg

The US one came bundled with Mario Kart, the PAL one came bundled with New Super Mario Bros. Not sure if Japan's came with a game or not; I don't think it did.

Anyway just wanted to share.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those aren't new colors for the DSi XL. Those colors have been around for about 2 years. The new pricing, for the assorted DSi systems, has been noted in this forum for over a week.

You're lucky you have the Yellow DSi XL. It's the best looking DSi XL out of all of them!

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those aren't new colors for the DSi XL. Those colors have been around for about 2 years. The new pricing, for the assorted DSi systems, has been noted in this forum for over a week.

You're lucky you have the Yellow DSi XL. It's the best looking DSi XL out of all of them!

Yah sorry; I meant new to the US/NTSC. I think the Midnight Blue is completey new to the US, the Metallic Rose colour might have been around through a bundle prior.

&That yellow DSi XL. I walked into a gamestation in Manchester, UK this winter on holiday and just about dead on centre to the entrance doors, and only about 15 feet into the shop, is this display case with the Yellow DSi XL; shot through the heart and only £138.00 (somewhere around there w/out tax, 138 on the comically large price tag).

I was in there to check out a 3DS, but so far there has been nothing on the 3DS I'de kill to play; it'll be a different story when smash, luigi's mansion, paper mario and hopefully pikmin are on the 3DS. I'm still mostly playing DS games on my DS Phat. My sister got a DSi XL and would tease me about how old and shitty it was but I prefer it over the lite and DSi as it has a GBA slot the games fit properly into, it's more comfortable/tad bigger shell

Anyway now the only colours not out in the US are the Yellow, Green and White. Probably some of the better colours but it's all opinion.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got the Bronze (ugh) and can't stand th color, until some add called it 'coffee', now I can tollerate it as I love my java-espresso. ANYWHO on Ebay I've found really good cases combo aluminum & ABS plastic (the stronger plastic) (that does not easily break, that once installed make it look like the whole thing (except the inside) is yellow, white or whatever... And it does not look like a cover or case. Also you can buy the replacement shells in all colors for any DS these days. Some companies shells fit better than others., so no sense in buying a new one now... With the cover, If I get tired of it I can always change the color up...

Yeah I don't know what it is with N that they make these colors exclusive. I'd have bought two more XL's if I had known they were releasing white and yellow here (US). The Yellow reminds of me of the Jeep(wrangler like) branded sturdy radios which were all that color and the yellow submarine. Ahh just imagine the stickers I could decorate that yellow one with making it look like a sub....

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I got the Bronze (ugh) and can't stand th color, until some add called it 'coffee', now I can tollerate it as I love my java-espresso. ANYWHO on Ebay I've found really good cases combo aluminum & ABS plastic (the stronger plastic) (that does not easily break, that once installed make it look like the whole thing (except the inside) is yellow, white or whatever... And it does not look like a cover or case. Also you can buy the replacement shells in all colors for any DS these days. Some companies shells fit better than others., so no sense in buying a new one now... With the cover, If I get tired of it I can always change the color up...

Yeah I don't know what it is with N that they make these colors exclusive. I'd have bought two more XL's if I had known they were releasing white and yellow here (US). The Yellow reminds of me of the Jeep(wrangler like) branded sturdy radios which were all that color and the yellow submarine. Ahh just imagine the stickers I could decorate that yellow one with making it look like a sub....

Yah the yellow colour was definitely the most striking. Seeing it decked out like a yellow-sub would be cool.

Special-Edition-Nintendo-Pokemon-DSi-XL-Console-System2.jpg

This one was pretty cool but very very limited. Can't remember exactly but I think they were only given out to a few people who made it to the last so many rounds of a pokemon card tournament and a Pokemon DS game tournament. Someone online is saying there were a total of 112.

----------------------------------------------------------

I knew about the replacement shells too but was not really interested after I saw an official yellow one. Although I would like to change out the top pannel for something not glossy. I don't see why... WHY anyone every thought it was a good idea to make glossy material. It looks weird even when it's clean and new. Then about a week later it just looks like absolute crap unless you treat it like a human baby and do everything to care for it.

I would much rather have tactile material like the PS3 slim is made of or like the inside of the DSi XL.

Anyone know if there are replacement top lids made of a different material?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1