Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by AceWarhead, Nov 20, 2011.
Well. seeing as Gamespot and IGN are being bashed for poor reviews, what is a good review site?
Any, with player reviews. Just read lots to weed out the bias and moronics.
However i'd say the best way to learn about a game is just to find a gameplay stream of it (preferably without commentary) and see if you like what you see. Basing a decision on the opinion of others is usually a bad idea. I know I do it sometimes and pass up a game, then play it later and go "why the fuck did I avoid this?!"
Famitsu, except that they're all Japanese.
They seriously have the perfect scoring system (refer to above link), which compiles the scores of 4 reviewers, making the scores less biased and adds different kind of perspectives for the reviewed game.
For western reviewers, well, I dunno. Just play the game and you'll know.
Yeah, I agree, sometimes I have to play it to decide if i like it or not. Thanks for the advice!
Ign is good, people just bash them because sometimes they put a stupid review here and there.
Just use meta critic is a whole.
IGN is still like 70% reliable, while the other 30% is utter bullshit or ignorance. The 30% is usually more prominent though.
Honestly, not all the review sites can't be wrong, just check that site and you know how good a game really is.
It's all relative to your interests. One person may find 1UP having resonating with them, some people may find IGN resonating with them.
Really though, it's better to try games for yourself. If it's a game you've been anticipating anyway, it doesn't really matter if you buy it or not. Most people will buy it without reviews bogging it down. Even then, if the game's bad, you can still trade it back for roughly 75% of its value if you bought it (the guy at Gamestop, for instance, told my friend he could trade in his broken copy of MW3 for $40). Or you can just rent them. Or pirate them.
Seriously though, it's hard to say there's any "good" review sites since reviews are just big opinion pieces.
I use this.
I'd treat gamespot/IGN like the holy bible of gaming reviews before I listened to those reviews, LOL.
I look up gameplay videos and reviews on youtube so I can actually see what the damn game is.
Well you like Crisis Core so I guess you're not much better.
Well you don't like good video games, so your points are invalid.
In fairness Crisis Core is shit. Guild is completely correct on that.
Kotaku all the way.
On the topic, if you want good game reviews, go to Yahtzee Croshaw. Brutally honest and sure to give you a good laugh unless you're an uptight prick who cries about what they think is a perfect game getting torn apart.
Yahtzee's reviews are terrible, but they are funny.