nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Cuz like dsmplay is good but the file size is HUGE, and moonshell has its tracking problems, tuna vids used bad quality, and DSVideo just doesnt ahve enough support(No offense coders![I'd pay $20+ for a good movie player]).... anybody got any good ones?

Much appreciated!

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell works pretty well for me. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but fairly solid. It's what I use to watch my Stargate SG-1 episodes when I'm flying somewhere.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tuna-viDS can produce some decent videos, despite the low framerate. I use the FFMPEG command on his site to convert, using the following command:
Code:
ffmpeg -i %1 -f avi -r 10 -s 256x192 -b 344k -bt 32k -vcodec libxvid -deinterlace -acodec libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 96k -ac 1 new_tuna_file.avi

Works fine for me.

Otherwise the only homebrew video player you haven't listed is Spinal's Media Player.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
nitrodude150 said:
Cuz like dsmplay is good but the file size is HUGE, and moonshell has its tracking problems, tuna vids used bad quality, and DSVideo just doesnt ahve enough support(No offense coders![I'd pay $20+ for a good movie player]).... anybody got any good ones?

Much appreciated!
Tracking problems? reconvert your reconvert your DPGs to DPG2 with BatchDPG, that should solve it.
Moonshell does it for me, my only gripe is that I have to boot the whole OS system just for videos, a standalone DPG player would help a lot.

Also, if you've got a lot money and you're picky, get this, it plays perfect MP3 and H.264/MP4 videos.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a more suitable device for playing movies nowadays, but when I used my DS, I would simply split a video into 10-20 minute increments and use batch dpg. It makes the lack of indexing much less bothersome

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can you the M3 Sakura Beta test as a movie player, as it works slightly better than Moonshell does, and it's updated DPGenc creates a GOP, which allows you to go to anywhere in the video in less than a second.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and nitrodude150, I'm in the process right now of converting exery Stargate SG-1 episode into a .dpg file so I can watch them on my DS. I've got about about 20 episodes saved on my DS so far. I loves me some Stargate!!!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
m3sakura beta2 is not recommended for video playback.

m3sakura beta2 is designed to stop functioning after about 5 minutes, it will then display an error message.
this is to keep it's great built-in video player to m3real users only.(tough at the moment not even m3real users can really enjoy it)

EDIT: NOOOOO!
beta ended, and now they say it comes out in june >_<
another month of waiting.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
SleepingDragon said:
Oh, and nitrodude150, I'm in the process right now of converting exery Stargate SG-1 episode into a .dpg file so I can watch them on my DS. I've got about about 20 episodes saved on my DS so far. I loves me some Stargate!!!
NICE!!!

McGuyver in space FTW!

nitrodude150

OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
nitrodude150 said:
SleepingDragon said:
NICE!!!

McGuyver in space FTW!
BAH!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm curious how a software question belongs in a game/rom hacking sub forum?

anyways: moonshell is the best i've used.
dpg encoding apps leave something to be desired however. moonshell's native encoder often results in bad quality, but i find i have out of sync sound issues with batchdpg. i still have my fingers crossed that ffdshow supports dpg so that i can start to use the mpg mod of vdub to encode.

-aw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, his partner is Luke