Hardware Any good 3rd party wii remotes?

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally figured out the problem with my wii remote and its that there's a little bit of corrosion or something in the nunchuk port, so I want to know of any good 3rd party replacements. I have my eye on the one that says " MOTION 2 IN 1" at the bottom. Anyone have any experience with this one or others?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out the problem with my wii remote and its that there's a little bit of corrosion or something in the nunchuk port, so I want to know of any good 3rd party replacements. I have my eye on the one that says " MOTION 2 IN 1" at the bottom. Anyone have any experience with this one or others?

How about reading the Amazon reviews of the one you're speaking of?

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Please just take better care of your Wiimote. It still has amazing durabilities after all those years and won't fail easily, while those chinese knockoffs will stop working in few years. those things are not built to last.

Or, if you really need new units, get official ones second handed. if they need cleaning, do it. 10y/o official unit will be better than those knockoffs.

Reactions: jeannotte

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about reading the Amazon reviews of the one you're speaking of?
Surprisingly enough I haven't thought of that. So I just went and checked it and the listing for that specific remote seems to have disappeared from the website entirely. Quite strange.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please just take better care of your Wiimote. It still has amazing durabilities after all those years and won't fail easily, while those chinese knockoffs will stop working in few years. those things are not built to last.

Or, if you really need new units, get official ones second handed. if they need cleaning, do it. 10y/o official unit will be better than those knockoffs.
Other than that nunchuk issue my remote works perfectly. I search online for some nunchuk port replacement parts, but all the listings say out of stock, at least as far as I've checked. Would it be a good idea to dismantle my remote and clean off that corrosion? (might be corrosion, can't see it particularly right)

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never purchase a third-party Wiimote. They are all trash. Especially the "MOTION 2 IN 1" one. There are over 200 million (!!!) Wiimotes out there. Get one of those instead.

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never purchase a third-party Wiimote. They are all trash. Especially the "MOTION 2 IN 1" one. There are over 200 million (!!!) Wiimotes out there. Get one of those instead.
I would but they're quite expensive online in my area. Maybe I'll look for local ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.