Any GB/GBC Emulator with speed toogle?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jair, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    So I wanted to play Pokemon Yellow VC but you know it's a little slow. Since I know .sav files from emulators are compatible I was wondering if there is any emulator for 3DS that could play the game at higher speed. I also need a GBC emulator with that feature because I plan to play Pokemon Crystal later down the road. Thanks in advance.

2. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    United States
    one word .......gameyob

zfreeman, Jair and gnmmarechal like this.
  3. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Are you sure it has the speed up feature? I could have sworn it wasn't there. I'll have to check again later.

4. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    Retroarch, it has toggle, hold, slowdown and rewind

Jair likes this.
  5. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Yep, I have on my N3DS the left second bumper set to rewind, and the right one set to fast forward.

6. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Checked GameYob again, it has the speedup feature, both as toogle or as hold, which is great. Feel kinda dumb now, I was sure I checked and it didn't have it. Anyways thanks to all.

7. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    that was three words, 7 punctuation marks, and a space. YOU LOST THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    I would go with gameyob if you are on o3ds. My experience with retroarch on o3ds was a very slow experience. Retroarch is really optimized for n3ds

9. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Yes I have an O3DS, went with GameYob, so far so good and many configuration options. Both Yellow and Crystal seem to look and run fine. About to beat Misty in Yellow. I try avoid Retroarch since it's UI it's really weird. Once while using one of the NES Cores (Don't remember which one exactly) I tried to remap the buttons on Megaman 2 and while testing each config I ended up changing the accept and back button of the Config Menu and I could no longer change any setting. I don't know why the button remap also applies to the Retroarch menu but I had to delete the config file in my SD just for the CIA to be usable again. All I wanted was to jump with B and shoot with Y :/