Gaming Any Games that would last a long time?

Exbaddude

The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want a game that lasts a long time. I don't have Wi-Fi so don't mention any of those games.
Here is the list of games I have played:
~Picross
~Metroid Prime: Hunters
~Mario (Series, All of them)
~Phoenix Wright (All of them)
~Elite Beat Agents (JAP Too)
~Pokemon
~Final Fantasy (All of them)

Thanks!

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll agree that RPGs will probably take a while. Dragon quest and Final Fantasy games take a good number of hours to beat, and then you can usually do more if you want to get the secret stuff. I haven't played Chrono Trigger, but it would probably take a while to beat as well.

Castlevania games often take a while as well. They are 2d action adventure games, similar to Super Metroid, if you haven't played any of them before.

Zelda, of course.

Advance Wars games will take a long time to beat. There are a few of them for DS at this point, and each mission can take a while.

Harvest Moon games are kind of a niche game, but if you like them you can spend forever playing them. Rune Factory I/II are closer to traditional gaming, but Island of Happiness was fun for me as well. Stay away from Harvest Moon DS.

I'm playing Soma Bringer right now, and it seems like it would be a long game. Grab the translation patch and have at it. The translation is like it was a completely localized game.

Some other games that may be long-ish, though I haven't played them personally:
Summon Night - Twin Age
The World Ends With You
Lock's Quest
Kirby Super Star Ultra (not an exceptionally long game, but for some reason I play it over and over)
Mega Man ZX (medium length)
Mega Man Star Force (I have no idea about the quality of this game, but the battle net series on GBA was both good and long)

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Haha you want some long lasting games?

-Disgaea DS (I gave up and used cheat codes because the game must be 100+ hrs.)
-Soma Bringer (Has lots of hours of gameplay, plus has got great replayability!)
-Dragon Quest IV (I assume V, VI, and IX will be LONG.)
-Starfox Command (All 9 endings will take you a long time unless you play for hours straight.)

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The longest games I've played (in order, sort of):

1. Final Fantasy Tactics Adv 2 - 235 hours
2. Disgaea DS - 225 hours
3. TWEWY - not sure, but a lot
4. Animal Crossing:WW - not sure, but also a lot.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sim city DS
theme park

I don't think either actually end...

and as for serieses (sp?), well, you could try to complete the entire "imagine" series, doing so whilst maintaining your sanity is part of the game of course

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In addition to some of the above recommendations, try Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. That one can easily eat up 100 hours if you like to synthesize monsters.

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wheeew .. dude there are a bunch of long-time games but it's actually not up to the game.. it's up to you... only you decide how much time you do invest to play 'em..
e.g. you do decide if you only rush the main story or hunt any side-quest that's available

here's a list of some games that might need a bunch of time ...
FFTA2
TWEWY (still didn't got all the secret reports.. but there are about 5 left to get X_x)
Soma Bringer
Chrono Trigger
42 Classics... (wanted to unlock Shogi but stuck at one fuckin game that's impossible to win)
Brain Age (actually not a game)
Nintendogs (also all the other simulations)
Advance Wars Dual Strike (Didn't play 'dark conflict')
just to call a few....

AmishSamurai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on if you want to just do the storyline or if you want to 100% the game. FFTA2 has a very long story mode (I was somewhere in 100 hours when I beat it this weekend) and 400 missions altogether. It doesn't have the random clan battles though, which is a bit of a bummer. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow can take a while if you are trying to get every soul as well as all 3 endings.

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll throw in another vote for Chrono Trigger.

I'm about 25hrs in and up to the final boss (unless I can go back and figure out how/where I butchered this sidequest). Using a Walk-Through and a very good strategy, I think it could possibly be beaten in ~5hrs. Going for all the quests, items, etc....it takes a while. Still far shorter than some of the Final Fantasy games, but a damn fine game either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool