Homebrew Any FTP homebrew available?

MisterJohnson87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Was wondering if there was an easy way of transferring files to my 3DS SD cards without having to go through the hassle of using a card reader

Thanks

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No.... (not intentionally)
It would be a hassle to use the 3ds as a client. Unless you were transferring to/from another typically slaved device, like another 3ds. It's just more practical to use the pc to browse files and handle transfer protocols. But either way, you would be doing the exact same thing, almost the exact same way.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Yeah I needed a server for 3DS so I can transfer files from the PC.
What speeds can I expect over wireless?

Thanks
I get about 250 KB/s with FTBrony, maybe peaking at 311 KB/s once. Takes about 3 hours to transfer 2 GB.

It would be a hassle to use the 3ds as a client. Unless you were transferring to/from another typically slaved device, like another 3ds. It's just more practical to use the pc to browse files and handle transfer protocols. But either way, you would be doing the exact same thing, almost the exact same way.

It would be neat to have a 3ds client though, for those who don't have a router, but do have an ftp server somewhere else in the world (college students). Or just those who prefer to use their existing ftp server.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
No.... (not intentionally)

lol, not trolling intentionally.
Like you can troll unintentionally.
Oh wait, the internet doesn't know what trolling is anymore, forgot about that.

I'd love an FTP client for my 3DS, being able to serve my files from my NAS without going near it would be pretty NEAT-O.

Also, a mediaplayer.

Reactions: logg

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I hate all the butthurt antibronies complaining about it though.

I don't even see anything remotely related to ponies besides the m'lady neckbeard in the banner and Harold on the bottom screen. At this point it's literally just some sort of bad pun or play on the word pony.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you're looking for a non-brony version of it, I de-bronified it and it's linked in my sig.

Edit: I know the name isn't very creative, but I did it in like 10 minutes.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was an exhilarating brony vs anti-brony discussion which in the future can be kept off of GBAtemp in all forums. If you've got something about that that you'd like to argue then bring it up in the person via PM and keep it off of the forum because frankly, it's a nuisance to pretty much everyone that has to read it.

Jesus Christ, don't get so butthurt.

weeandykidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually FTPony works better for me. I rarely have problems with it, whereas file transfers ALWAYS fail on FPBrony.

That's odd, FTPony always crashed out for me. It obviously worked fine for Smea too. Ohwell though, YMMV I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: