Hacking Any form of GCOS channel wad? would be cool :)

TaxiTitan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any form of GCOS channel wad? would be cool.
so people dont have to re-burn every game into multiboot or GCOS swap.
many people have a collection and have to re-burn every into multibooteble discs.

Games need to be swapped with GCOS boot disc every time for example you power of the game or want to change game.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means a file that puts your system out of Wii mode and into GCOS mode using a channel. Like a GCOS emulator... It would be like gamecube homebrew on the wii. I'm sure eventually it will be able to be done. I know there's a way to use the PSO ISO loader trick on the Wii, but it requires a Gecko SD Memory Card

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
I think he means a file that puts your system out of Wii mode and into GCOS mode using a channel. Like a GCOS emulator... It would be like gamecube homebrew on the wii. I'm sure eventually it will be able to be done. I know there's a way to use the PSO ISO loader trick on the Wii, but it requires a Gecko SD Memory Card

Once you're in gamecube mode, then what? Stuff doesn't hang around in memory to be read by the gamecube, it's not as simple as that. And you can't use the PSO loader on the Wii. Who told you that?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu_Kidid of TehSkeen has released a USBGecko application called USB-Boot, which allows you to boot Gamecube games over USB. He has stated that this is an old project which he can only offer limited support for.

From the release notes:

USB-BOOT.
Run GC backups via USBGecko.

Usage:

Insert USBGecko into slot B and connect it to PC.

Load USB-BOOT.dol via your favorite method.

Have a GC game in the drive.

Hit A when prompted.

When the screen asks, on the PC drag a ISO/GCM into USB-BOOT.exe

Notes:
Speed is terrible but compatibility is pretty good once it worksDownload: USB-Boot

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it wasn't directly the PSO hack, but the fact remains that you can stream your GC games so you dont have to reburn all the DVDs

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you even modify your gamecube? No? Well it would explain your lack of knowledge. The Viper GC extreme supports streaming, so it's the same as the PSO hack?

The PSO hack was possible because the PSO game downloaded a *.dol file from the server when you went online. By tricking the game into running your own dol file, the first homebrews were run. Just because some homebrews were created to stream ISOs over the network adaptor, doesn't make ISO streaming the PSO hack.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already agree'd it wasn't the same as the PSO hack, but that it was a way to stream gamecube games to the Wii without him having to rebuild them.

You want me to tell you your the man arctic_flame? Well your not. And with an attitude like that you never will be. Your just some punk 16 year old kid. Having 2000 posts doesn't make everything you say correct or golden. Yes, I had a Viper GC modchip in my system, with a full-size dvd case replacement infact. I also have a modded wii, psp, ds, ps2 (with hdd), pstwo slim, xbox 360, xbox, gba, and psx. So don't sit there and act like a dick and talk down to someone whos attempting to help somebody, all you're going to do is piss people off.

And with that being said, if a mod will tell me if a Gamecube ISO Loader for the Wii is in the rules, I will make a post and share this file which JUST CAME OUT.... made by emu_kidd on tehskeen.com

The Loader can be obtained from my Website or from http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/ Filename is USB-Boot

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well not every body has the ability to obtain a usb gecko so this would be really cool

or we could wait until Nuke finish his wii gecko region free app then starts on a gc region free app

which i think will be in more or less a month or so

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but all progress must start somewhere. This release shows us 2 things.

1. ISO files can be streamed to the Wii and ran. While this is currently only working in gamecube mode, it's safe to say that this technology will be able to be ported to wii-mode eventually.

2. An ISO loader for Wii using an externall hdd is not as crazy as it used to sound, especially since the USB Mass Storage Device homebrew files already support fat32.

Not everyone may have a USB Gecko, but originally not everyone had a SD Gecko either. As the homebrew progressed, we learned more and more about the workings of the wii and adapted homebrew to load from the front SD card. I'm sure emu_kidd (or someone else talented) will work on adopting this to use the front USB ports of the Wii. Only time will tell.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i really wish so

coz my freakin wii wont boot my original gc games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.