Hacking Any flashcart that can run emulators?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Like the title suggests is there any 3ds mode flashcart that can run retroarch emulators directly? without having to install retroarch emulators on your 3ds?

and i mean 3ds mode not ds mode emulators.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title suggests is there any 3ds mode flashcart that can run retroarch emulators directly? without having to install retroarch emulators on your 3ds?

and i mean 3ds mode not ds mode emulators.
Your best bet is to install CFW and 3ds flashcart can not run hombrew

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it sucks i cant have a flashcart full of roms and emus so i can change it around from one 3ds to another :S

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are 2 kinds of flashcards: those that do accurate card emulation (Sky - and therefore require signed roms, unless the console is modded in the first place), and those that are a random piece of hardware requiring proprietary drivers (Gateway and clones)

In either case you need to have CFW in the first place, and there are already not one but two formats that can be used to run homebrew on CFW

(Nothing forbids you from trying to convert RetroCrap.cia to RetroCrap.3ds - the newest versions of makerom have such a feature - but results are not guaranteed)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i can change it around from one 3ds to another :S
Oh, you're doing this for the saves? Then you will definitely need to mod the emulators (in the source code) to adapt them from loading arbitrary files on the console's SD to roms from their romfs and saves to a standard 3DS save (the latter part has never been done in any homebrew, to the best of my knowledge)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't waste money on 3DS flashcarts, majority of the good features still require a CFW to be installed. You are better off being R4i Gold Plus, installing a CFW, and running your emulators that way.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroarch emulators
For starters, RA has been broken for quite some time and newer versions don't even boot. Not to mention that homebrew doesn't like running from flashcarts, and gateway needs an emunand anyways, so it isn't worth it for transferring saves.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i already have cfw bs9 but i wanted a flashcart that could store the emulators,roms and rom saves themselves since i have 2 3dss and havint to transfer saves between them is a mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs