any flash carts similar to Cyclods Evo?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xian777, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011
  1. xian777
    OP

Newcomer xian777 Newbie

United States
    So yesterday my CycloDS Evolution officially died after 3 years of use [​IMG] ... so i am currently looking for a flashcart that is very similar to the Evo (for DS lite) i dont want to spend too much (which is why im not buying the iEvo right away @ $42+) but i dont want a flash cart thats gonna break eaily or that ill need to use the "paper trick" to make the cart work again... basically all i want is a frequently updated firmware and a frequently updated cheat database

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    The only cart I can think of is the Supercard DSTwo which isn't going to run you much cheaper than the iEvo, but boasts an impressive features list.

3. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    I'd go with the iEvo or SuperCard DSTwo. Another, cheaper option would be the AK2i, but it doesn't have RTS or other features like that. iEvo/DSTwo cost around 35-45$ each. AK2i costs around 15$.

Personally I use the iEvo with my DSiXL, but all the carts have good things and bad things..

-Qtis

EDIT: Also the cheat databases used from cheats.gbatemp.net are all compatible with the iEvo/DSTwo/AK2i

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    wtf are you talking about? There are various flashcarts that have decent build quality -_-"...If all he wants is compatibility, cheat updates, and a sturdy build even a 1:1 SD clone R4 would work just as well.

5. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    You're best bet is a R4 with WOOD R4 or the Acekard.

6. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    iEdge?

Edge is a cyclo clone.

7. xian777
    OP

Newcomer xian777 Newbie

United States
    yeah i was thinking of getting the AK2i... whats RTS

8. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    RTS is real time save. (save anytime during the game)

A feature that is sort of "obsolute" in my eyes. If I remember correctly, it doesnt work with all games and it crashes occasionaly while saving/loading.

9. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Not very obsolete. It's a nice feature to have when a game is painfully f'd regarding save locations. It does have it's quirks regarding compatibility, but considering that some games have problems even on emulators (better processing power on a computer anyday compared to the DS), it's quite a well working feature. Also the slow motion is a nice thing to have now and then [​IMG] The idea (RTS) is quite like Save States on emulators.

The AK2i is a good choice and does games and homebrew quite nicely. It's quite cheap for what you get for the invested $$.

-Qtis

10. Chubbo1793

Newcomer Chubbo1793 Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah, the i/Edge uses the same type of interface as the CycloDS. If you really want everything to be similar, I'd go with this cart.

11. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

The build quaility of iEdge is better than CycloDS and both have >0.01% fail rate