Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrxle3

mrxle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is correct.

Getting the right microSD card is the ONLY FIX AVAILABLE!

Japanese Kingston, 1 gb works perfectly. I've been playing for several hours without any problems whatsoever

2. darksavior

darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you have a kingston taiwan card, you can get a free japanese replacement from kingston if you know how to argue with tech support correctly. Format size differences is the major arguement in your favor. Also mention it's used for your PC because I doubt they give a damn about being used for a DS.
    taiwan = 952MB
    Japan = 982MB

It also might be possible to call them up and BUY ($13US) a japan card from them. It'll assure you 100% in getting one

There's a thread discussing this in detail if you search for it

3. moshii

moshii GBAtemp Regular

Doesn't freeze on me.. and I have a pretty cheapy microsd. I suggest formatting your cards and trying again.

4. darksavior

United States
    i think we all know of formatting to fat16 64k clusters. that doesn't fix the problem.

5. jbullfrog

jbullfrog Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just tried PoR on my Taiwanese Kingston 1GB microSD. So far, I have experienced no freezing when accessing the start menu, even if I press it rapidly in the warp room.

Hopefully it will remain like this for the rest of the game!

BTW, do you think trimming the rom will help?

6. darksavior

United States
    nope. but i did read that using some hacked rom without sound does work. but that's retarded. either buy the game or spend the $13US on a japan kingston

7. FuManChuu

FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just wanna reply that I played for a couple hours last night on my 2 gig sandisk... didn't really look where it was made, but I didn't have any problems with game play on my R4

8. Aoko

Aoko Advanced Member
    Newcomer

R4, 1GB Japanese Kingston. I've been experiencing random freezing, but only on warp rooms (which is a bit ways into the game, think 551%). Recent locations are at the Tower of Death Warp Room, and the Dark Academy second Warp Room. Other than that, PoR works flawlessly.

God DAMN you, Konami. God DAMN you.

9. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.
    Banned

United States
    all you got to do is save before you use a warp room which you pretty much do anyway lol

i only had 2 freezes in warp rooms anyway and i beat the game and did everything

im on a Taiwan 512 mb A-data

10. poloman

poloman GBAtemp Regular

why damn them?

been playing PoR on a 1gb ultra 2, and kingston 1gb - no probs on the kingston, but the sandisk froze a couple of times. bought 2 kingstons - problem solved - and very addicted to the game (which i also bought)

11. andrew505

andrew505 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    jsut a question about the game before i tackle it... if you save before the warp room, and then go in the warp room and the game freezes, when you turn it back on and restart you will be right before the warp room, correct? so you just keep trying to warp a few times until it works, basically?

12. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Yes that is correct, unless your save gets corrupted, then your screwed.

13. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

i dont think there ever will be a fix for the cards that can not play castlevania i personally think the cards cant handle castlevania. :'( the strange thing is cheap cardds like the N card can play castlevania with no problems. Also the people who is saying no freezes for me you will get them further on in the game

14. andrew505

andrew505 Member
    Newcomer

Canada

eww is that known to happen? I settled with the 1g Taiwan Kingston, only because the dude selling it , was selling it as a package, and had it right in front of me,i just couldn't say no. Maybe i'll head to china town and search for a japanese card.

15. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Naw, having a save corruption on the R4 is really rare. The taiwain cards are fine, just make sure you save alot.

16. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Not a good way to think. It is obvious Konami doesn't want anyway to pirate their game.
    If it was sarcastic, don't use the Lords name is vain.

17. xbandaidx

xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For me, I only found that certain warp points cause mine to freeze, once I figure out what they are, I usually just avoid them and use the other working ones. I never have any random freezes though.

18. flanker22

flanker22 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    lol thru a combination of determination and retardedness I managed to beat and get the good ending with a very low quality microSD. BTW i have a taiwan kingston.

here are some of the things i encountered...

freeze while warping
    freeze while dialog
    freeze while pausing
    freeze while whipping in the air
    freeze while partner/player casts a spell

19. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

New Zealand
    man.. when i was trying the game, it seemed to freeze at 10-15 minute intervals

20. Nocturno

Nocturno GBAtemp Fan

Venezuela
    I didn´t experience any freeze until today, I have a 1GB sandisk card, I played castlevania until I got the 1st ending (not even a single freeze), then I stop playing for a couple of weeks, today I saw the new firmware with cheat codes option was out and wanted it to try it, now the game freezes every second!!.. [​IMG]

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Castlevania,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.