Hacking Any fix yet for Castlevania: POR on R4DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't check the forums in a while for fix on Castlevania: POR for R4DS but I was wondering if anyone got this game to work without freezing. Thank you all for your time. Did the new 1.6 FW for R4DS fix this?

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, there's no fix for Castlevania yet.. If you want to play the game without freezing, you have to get a japanese kingston..

Brien Zee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm... so the fix is buying a good micro sd card?
good thing that's what i did anyways.

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a jap kingston, and I had no problems with this game..I beat the entire thing and got every ending, and most items too. Only froze twice in about 30 hours of gameplay.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the game works fine for me on my R4DS with no freezes it all depends on your MICOSD card NOT your R4DS

im using a A-Data 512 microsd card

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's true.. The funny thing is, my A-DATA 256MB SD 60X card(Which I use on my M3 SD) works much better than my A-DATA 1GB.. I'm having less freezes on that card(at least it doesn't freeze on the warp room or the ghost room)

Reaper_DFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@freezes

the EZ5 got a "hybrid tool" with this tool u can play POR even on a realy slow card without crashes so a fix is possible but not out jet

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When does the game freeze? I just got my R4 and haven't encountered Castlevania:POR freezing on my 64MB Kingmax (leftover card from one of my Razrs). Does the game freeze randomly or just in certain parts of the game?

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When does the game freeze? I just got my R4 and haven't encountered Castlevania:POR freezing on my 64MB Kingmax (leftover card from one of my Razrs). Does the game freeze randomly or just in certain parts of the game?
Game usually freezes on the Warp Rooms or the room with the Ghost.. In those rooms, press start rapidly and see if it freezes.. Even if it doesn't, don't get happy too soon. You might still have freezes when entering the menus like inventory or monster list. But you'll most likely be good to go..

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Game usually freezes on the Warp Rooms or the room with the Ghost.. In those rooms, press start rapidly and see if it freezes.. Even if it doesn't, don't get happy too soon. You might still have freezes when entering the menus like inventory or monster list. But you'll most likely be good to go..
laugh.gif
I spoke too soon.

My game froze when I entered a menu after about 10 minutes of play. I got my answer quicker than I thought.
grog.gif

jibaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the game works fine for me on my R4DS with no freezes it all depends on your MICOSD card NOT your R4DS

Thank you all for your replies!

Wow I'm using the 1Gig version of your card (A-DATA) and freezes
frown.gif

If anyone finds a solution other than getting a faster card let me know plz.

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

frown.gif

it's because of the card's density... if you have anything less than 256MB you'll have less of a chance of it freezing because it's got higher speed than 1GB versions... the higher the density the slower it gets...

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

frown.gif

it's because of the card's density... if you have anything less than 256MB you'll have less of a chance of it freezing because it's got higher speed than 1GB versions... the higher the density the slower it gets...
Really? I'm having the opposite effect with my 64MB card. The game seems to freeze every 5-10 minutes now. Almost unplayable at this point. This all probably happened because I jinxed myself.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021