astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently obsessed with hot sauce and will probably make a dupe of Taco Bell's fire sauce. (And I have a jar of powdered smoked ghost peppers in my purse to add to bland food.)

I am also growing some ghost peppers (little sprouts) indoors. They are flourishing well, and I will probably end up taking them outside once they sprout more leaves...

What are some hot sauces that you like?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought we were going to discuss one of the other types of fire eating.

Anyway yeah I like spicy things, much prefer them to have a bit of taste with it rather than burn -- it is entirely possible to have great taste before the burn kicks in which some people seem to not appreciate. Not a great fan of smoky things or vinegar either, which is something a lot of sauces seem to go in for but that is OK as there are others. I have grown chillies before, they were nice little things and made a good chutney in the end. For the amount I use and the cost of them I still find it easier to buy them in the supermarket though. Maybe if I went in further and grew more it would be doable -- for the amount grown then they do not need that much space compared to trying to grow enough potatoes or cucumbers to be worth the effort.

Best one I can find with any kind of regularity.
Vicious Viper. Tastes great, burns both ends. Exactly what I want in a hot sauce.

I have one called God is Dead, it is not as nice as vicious viper but I can get that more easily in the real world.

You can often find nice ones but after I have run out of it I tend to have a hard time finding more when I run out.

If you want something to replace some tomatoes in a recipe* then I quite like sambal olek, I think originally it was an Indonesian thing but the Dutch use it a lot as well (it is certainly where I learned it from).

*I would do the lot and also as I do not like tomatoes and they do not like me I tend to mix that with some blended bell peppers. Makes very nice pizza and unlike garlic pizza then people are content to be around me the next day.

EOF so song(s)

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I thought we were going to discuss one of the other types of fire eating.

Anyway yeah I like spicy things, much prefer them to have a bit of taste with it rather than burn -- it is entirely possible to have great taste before the burn kicks in which some people seem to not appreciate. Not a great fan of smoky things or vinegar either, which is something a lot of sauces seem to go in for but that is OK as there are others. I have grown chillies before, they were nice little things and made a good chutney in the end. For the amount I use and the cost of them I still find it easier to buy them in the supermarket though. Maybe if I went in further and grew more it would be doable -- for the amount grown then they do not need that much space compared to trying to grow enough potatoes or cucumbers to be worth the effort.

I am completely the same way. Most sauces use vinegar as a base and I find that highly annoying. I will definitely drop by my local supermarket to pick up the ingredients to dupe Taco Bell's Fire sauce - as I am completely addicted to the stuff.

I'm growing them my first year, and I dunno. They seem to require a ton of effort and a lot more "ingredients' than just sunshine and stuff (heavy feeders, I guess). I've been feeding them with seaweed and a lot of calcium, and they seem to like it - they threw off a couple of blooms...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get crazy with the greenhouses and plant food but my ones sat in their pot on the deck (fairly normal compost), were watered if it had not rained and that was the extent of that. That said I am not sure what the nagas you were growing might take.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16