Hacking Any extra risks of using LetterBomb

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, hello!

My friend is going to buy his brand-new Wii soon and he's going to go for LetterBomb hack, which I have never used. He's worried about getting banned from online play. I play CoD without issue online on my Wii, but I hacked using the old-fashioned way.
Have there been reports of Nintendo actually banning people with a hacked Wii, or banning those who hacked the system trough LetterBomb?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They cannot tell if your system is hacked in online play. Just don't use cheats while online, and there is no difference between legit and copied games. (:

I hacked my wii with letterbomb as well, no problems, ever.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You certainly can be banned for using cheats in some games, Monster Hunter Tri for one bans you for 99 years or something like that. (It actually does tell you a ridiculous amount of time if you do)

But I don't think that's what the OP is asking. Simply playing online with a backup will make no difference and cannot be detected.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be clear:

No danger.
Letterbomb is just one of the many ways to "get into" your wii to be able to install the hbc etc.
e.g. exploit.
After you managed that, letterbomb is'nt needed anymore.
You basicly have to use an exploit only once to get your wii hacked, up and running.
After that all goes through cios, in terms of backup loading.

The way you hack your Wii is'nt connected to how you play games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself