Homebrew Question Any esay to install coldboots/permant cfw

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the others have said, the only true untethered coldboot option is to install a modchip that automatically pushes an RCM payload.

That being said, there are ways to simplify pushing an RCM payload without a modchip. If you have an Android device (or a jailbroken iPhone), you can use that and the proper cord to push an RCM payload away from your computer. You could also purchase a cheap dongle that pushes an RCM payload, such as the NS-Atmosphere.

Edit: If you keep your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it, and you don't let it die, then you're unlikely to ever need to push an RCM payload away from home. I have AutoRCM installed, and I've never needed my computer/Android away from home.

Last edited by Lacius,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use auto-rcm about 99% of the time
I've pushed payload trough android and pc

If you have 3.0 to 4.1 you should be able to run the webkit exploit alltho i haven't played around with that in a long while,so i'm not sure about the extent of what you can do with it

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Buy a dongle
2. Install autorcm

If switch dies in autorcm, its not a big deal, just slower to charge while in rcm. Don’t recommend a trinket unless youre experienced at hardware modding, and even then I wouldn’t do it personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself