Any emulators on DS support Download play for multiplayer?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DeltaBladeX, Aug 14, 2009.

1. DeltaBladeX
    OP

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    I'm just wondering what (if any) emus support this so I can play do 2 player. If any support multicart play, don't need to mention it since I have only one flash cart. Any system is okay.

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    None that I am aware of. Apparently it is too hard to sync up too DSes that use a wireless connection. I guess the connection is rather unstable and slow.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    So basically you're wondering if you can connect a DS to a PC? I don't think that's possible.

Edit: Sorry I misunderstood the topic creator. And there are ways to connect a DS to a PC obviously, but not a DS to a DS emulator running on the PC.

4. DeltaBladeX
    OP

New Zealand
    Thanks for the answer Granville. And DeMoN, I was meaning DS to DS. Some official DS games have single cart play where the game downloads data to other systems for multiplayer.

5. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Somebody should mention this at some point I guess. Even if it was feasible to run networked emulated games on DSes (which it probably isn't), you'd also have to get around the DS's RSA checks, which it performs whenever you use Download Play, unless you have FlashMe installed.

6. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, yeah, you could install flashme. Not too hard. But still, I doubt it'd ever happen. It's just too much work for something like this.

7. DeltaBladeX
    OP

New Zealand
    Didn't know about that RSA check. Thats a shame. Would have been cool if this could be implemented in an emulator but guess it will never happen.

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I see what you mean now, and it's impossible since the other DS needs to have a flash card or something to bypass the checks (as was mentioned earlier).

9. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    There was a article to turn your PC into a DS Download Station. Can;t find it though.