Gaming Any Easy Way to get Accomplishments in Mii Plaza?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know many people in real life, so I've only gotten like two streetpass tags. Sadly I only have one 3DS, otherwise I'd use a second one, constantly reset the system memory over and over so I could make a bunch of personas to tag...

Are there any tips or tricks to getting these? The actual "streetpass tags" are probably the hardest ones. I managed to get close to 100 people in my plaza just by playing Mario Kart 7 online.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel ur pain. Not many 3ds players here yet. luckily my wife has one as well. but you don't need to format the system, you just change the mii avatar and it will forever on there to hire. Also, if you ever go to or live near a Target, there are usually 3DS demo units there that can still streetpass retail units.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't get you StreetPass anything, but it will put people in your Mii plaza. Anyone you play against who has sharing enabled will have their Miis enter your plaza. But since it's over the Internet, you won't be able to get puzzle pieces from them or use them in the Find Mii game.

Target has a Streetpass station? Or do you just mean hijacking the demo unit and making Miis on it? I live near a Target but I have a feeling they'd kick me out of the store if I kept doing that.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't get you StreetPass anything, but it will put people in your Mii plaza. Anyone you play against who has sharing enabled will have their Miis enter your plaza. But since it's over the Internet, you won't be able to get puzzle pieces from them or use them in the Find Mii game.

Target has a Streetpass station? Or do you just mean hijacking the demo unit and making Miis on it? I live near a Target but I have a feeling they'd kick me out of the store if I kept doing that.
The second one I suppose, but it already had a mii on it; I just enabled street pass on it (involves ejecting the cart which only comes out far enough to disengage the gold fingers). You just have to not be so :ph34r:bvious.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know many people in real life, so I've only gotten like two streetpass tags. Sadly I only have one 3DS, otherwise I'd use a second one, constantly reset the system memory over and over so I could make a bunch of personas to tag...

Are there any tips or tricks to getting these? The actual "streetpass tags" are probably the hardest ones. I managed to get close to 100 people in my plaza just by playing Mario Kart 7 online.
Since you haven't mentioned it, do you keep your 3DS with wireless on, and take it whenever you go places? You don't have to know people with 3DSes. Heck, I only know two people locally with 3DSes (my girlfriend, and an acquaintance who lives 2 doors down from my apartment), and I get a healthy amount of streetpasses (at least one, and often 2, 3, or more) just by taking a drive to do errands, or leaving the 3DS in the glove compartment in my car while at work.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since you haven't mentioned it, do you keep your 3DS with wireless on, and take it whenever you go places? You don't have to know people with 3DSes. Heck, I only know two people locally with 3DSes (my girlfriend, and an acquaintance who lives 2 doors down from my apartment), and I get a healthy amount of streetpasses (at least one, and often 2, 3, or more) just by taking a drive to do errands, or leaving the 3DS in the glove compartment in my car while at work.
Just leaving your 3DS at home should get you at least one hit, right? From the one 2 doors down from you. I wish one of my neighbours had a 3DS as well..

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just leaving your 3DS at home should get you at least one hit, right? From the one 2 doors down from you. I wish one of my neighbours had a 3DS as well..
Nah. I don't get any street passes unless one of us happens to walk by the other's door. The range is iffy at my apartment. Probably because of all the wireless routers everyone has. :P

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, take you 3DS with you everywhere, and farm coins by changing the date, that way you can hire high level miis and get some of the related achievements. I hope the proposed street pass update gives us more achievements and hats tho..

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, take you 3DS with you everywhere, and farm coins by changing the date, that way you can hire high level miis and get some of the related achievements. I hope the proposed street pass update gives us more achievements and hats tho..
If there's gonna be a Streetpass update, the first thing I hope for is getting rid of the 10-hit limit.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, there's a limit of 10 Streetpass tags per day? That sucks.

I never go outside, that's my main problem :P I could take it to class with me, but I doubt other students take their 3DS to class. Maybe I'll leave it in standby today when I go back to school and see if I happen to get any from my hour-long drive on the freeway. Would be slightly hilarious if I did pass someone with one.

Also, how do you buy more powerful heroes? When I do it only gives me level 1 or 2, which is annoying. I've spent like 50 play coins now and still haven't finished one game.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, there's a limit of 10 Streetpass tags per day? That sucks.

I never go outside, that's my main problem :P I could take it to class with me, but I doubt other students take their 3DS to class. Maybe I'll leave it in standby today when I go back to school and see if I happen to get any from my hour-long drive on the freeway. Would be slightly hilarious if I did pass someone with one.

Also, how do you buy more powerful heroes? When I do it only gives me level 1 or 2, which is annoying. I've spent like 50 play coins now and still haven't finished one game.
No no no no no. Not per day but you can only meet 10 "at once". After you met 10 Miis you have to let them into the Plaza (and play the hat and puzzle games), then you can meet 10 more.
About the heroes - the more you meet a Mii the stronger it gets when you meet it next time. I went to a friend a couple days ago. First met him when I was outside his house, his Mii was level 1. After a couple hours, not sure how many, about 7 I think, I "met" his 3DS again and his Mii was level 2.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so you can't buy stronger heroes with play coins? Well, from what I was reading, once you unlock Find Mii 2, you can pick your heroes or something?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so you can't buy stronger heroes with play coins? Well, from what I was reading, once you unlock Find Mii 2, you can pick your heroes or something?
You can pick heroes that youve already met, the more times you meet them the higher level they become.

If there's gonna be a Streetpass update, the first thing I hope for is getting rid of the 10-hit limit.
Yeah I still dont understand why there's a 10 hit cap... there's no benefit.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I rarely streetpass too, even when visiting shopping malls or gaming shops, albeit I have had a few from people walking or driving past my house (I live on a main road). In the 2 years I've had my 3DS, I've had just over 60 hits and most of the quests and puzzle pieces I completed I did using coins gained from walking around trying to streetpass people.

If you really want to street pass people, leave your 3DS in a bus station locker from 9-5 every day. I'm sure you'd get a few then. ;)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say go to Target/Walmart and walk by the demo unit 3DS, but I did that yesterday, and it didn't streetpass. My advice is to go to the most crowded mall, and walk around. I went to the Galleria, and got 24 tags.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my 3DS in streetpass mode when walking around the mall and only got one hit - some Japanese dude, not sure how that works, maybe he imported one from Japan? I'm in America, LOL

I guess I could always go back there, I left it open on my drive back to school but didn't get any hits, so apparently no kids left their systems in standby in the car when their parents were driving :P

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I had my 3DS in streetpass mode when walking around the mall and only got one hit - some Japanese dude, not sure how that works, maybe he imported one from Japan? I'm in America, LOL

I guess I could always go back there, I left it open on my drive back to school but didn't get any hits, so apparently no kids left their systems in standby in the car when their parents were driving :P
That actually happened to me, once. Last thanksgiving I went on a road trip with my family and got a street pass out of nowhere in the car, meaning it couldn't have come from anywhere but another car that was near us long enough. I was pretty surprised :P

And don't even get me started on New York City... Went to the thanksgiving parade and got a bunch of new street passes practically every time I checked the ones I had just received.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey