any DStwo sellers that take prepaid visa giftcards?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Kyouhei, Oct 20, 2012.

Oct 20, 2012
  1. Kyouhei
    OP

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    Been looking to get a DStwo to replace my AK2i, but can't find anyone with a price below $40.00 that takes the cards.

2. Almahisen

Newcomer Almahisen Member

United States
    Received my dstwo from digitopz.com,official distributor,cost me 37USD or so ,works perfectly on my 3DS V4.4.0. Maybe you can reference,or you can directly go to dstwo official " Where to buy",or you can go to this forum or shop temp,lost of store here you will find.

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Why does the price have to be below $40?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/supercard_dstwo_slot_1_multilanguage_1_4_4_compatible_gba_iplayer_mediaplayer_3ds_preflashed.html
    Though you need to e-mail them for their paypal info (you can use cards through paypal, most people do AFAIK).

5. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    Yeah that's how I paid for mine from nds-card.com, paid with credit card through PayPal and I assume PayPal accepts Visa giftcards.

6. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Maybe his giftcard only has $40 on it.

7. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    PayPal accepts Prepaid Visa Gift Card? :O
    If that the case then ill make one here too!

8. Liz Green
    This message by Liz Green has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Nov 19, 2012
  9. Rutland

Newcomer Rutland Newbie

United States
  10. Edsonkye

Newcomer Edsonkye Member

Australia
    Go to the shoptemp, you will find many official resellers, my friend got his card, yeah, working great on his 3ds v4.4.0-10.

11. zarabow
    This message by zarabow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Nov 20, 2012
  12. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I've heard that it doesn't work outside of the US, and I haven't heard anyone verify that it has worked outside of the US.

But US-based Visa gift cards can almost always be activated through a website instead of an automated phone system, in order to provide the debit account with a billing address, making it viable for use with PayPal.
    I've received and spent dozens of Mastercard, Visa, and even American Express gift cards and used them this way.

Slightly off-topic, but I've also used PayPal invoices to bill small remaining balances to completely cash out my gift cards into PayPal balance- For example:
    I got a $10 AmEx gift card as a rebate from a video card I bought, and spent something like $8.25. It left me with like $1.75 and it's not very easy to make a charge that small due to the $1 verification charge direct-to-card billing systems may use prior to authorizing an actual final amount. But I sent an invoice to an alternate email address and "paid" it without logging into paypal, giving myself the remaining funds before throwing the otherwise useless card away. I tend to leave $0.01 on the card to avoid having a decline that could lock up the card for 3-5 business days.