Hardware Any disadvantages to using WiiClip + WiiKey instead of just WiiKey?

jmoe316

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

So all these pictures of WiiKey installs gave me some false hopes that I could do it too.....without soldering experience. Got my WiiKey and opened the Wii and realized the points are like fractions away from each other. Gave it a go for a few hours and ended up bridging a connection. Luckily I was able to melt the solder again and unbridge the connection. Said the heck with it and stopped right there and put everything back together. Thankfully everything still works.

So now my plan is to get a WiiClip presoldered with a WiiKey on it and thus just have to clip it onto the chip.

Question is, does this approach lead to any problems or will it be exactly as if I soldered the WiiKey onto the Wii board?

Any known issues with WiiClip compared to without.

I'm hoping it's exactly the same performance.

Thanks.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try to solder the Wiikey with the quicksolder interface. That shouldn't be to hard... Maybe practise a little soldering on an old board...

If you want to get a Clip I would suggest a Free-Clip. Look at this thread for it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107149 There are no real disadvantages compared to soldering, except that the Clip could come loose if you shake your Wii a lot.
biggrin.gif

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not exactly as if it were soldered as when it is soldered, it is direct contact. With the Wiiclip, it relies on pressure to keep the contact however the Wiiclips are 99% reliable still.

There is the odd defective one here and there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte