Gaming Any difference with the Euro/US versions?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I am using a Euro version of an online DS game will my experience be any different than if I am using a US version? For example, if my friend is playing online with a US version will I be able to use my Euro version and play with him?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the DS the experience is most of the time exactly the same. You can connect different regions together on the DS and play just fine. With games like Picross though, the difference is the USA release will have weekly downloadble puzzles, while the European release doesn't get such a nice feature.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SOME games are different but the difference is usually minor. For example Trace Memory in europe is more of an actual translation, without the localization (hence the name in the european one)
But most of the time it won't matter at all, especially if the game features worldwide online play, then it HAS to be the same.

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm not sure, but I think usually US might have more features now that SpikeyNDS talked about the Picross thing, because most of the time, the US version is more megabytes than the EUR, or perhaps it may be because US doesn't know how to format correctly or something. dunno

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh also accents/sound might be different.
When I tried the EUR version of More Brain Training because US didn't come out yet, it spoke with an English accent, I thought that was just to make the game harder, but now that I think about it's a EUR version of the game. haha.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche