Any detailed on *hax 2.5? and do i need it?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xdarkmario, Oct 27, 2015.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ok so i see that *hax 2.5 is out but im wondering if i really need it? i really like the screenshot and HANS feature but im using autobooting RxTools via themehax so i doubt its even relevant to me...

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Not trying to be rude but wether you need it or not is totally up to you... #totallyunecessarythread

3. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    no i actually need advice. my real question is if i can use these features in RXtools if update to new payload?
    theres STILL no 3ds general thread so heres the only place to ask questions

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Actually there is a place where you should ask all your questions and is located in this very same sub-forum, no need to make a new thread every time you have a question:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

5. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    very unorganized, a dedicated Questions thread or 3ds general thread would be much better. theres one for random systems HERE but if i post there then no 3ds owners will reply.
    now back on topic.

6. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    How do you expect people to tell you what you do and don't need.....I'm not understanding this thread.

7. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    again -__- your missing the point im NOT asking for what i need i asking if i can use the new *hax 2.5 payload on my autobooting RXtools.
    i may have worded the thread title wrong but i trusted that people can read.

8. tony_2018

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    if things are working fine for you now, the next question is what does 2.5 now include that the previous version didn't have?

9. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    a couple that i see are
    • Global screenshots (screenshots anywhere)
    • sleep fixed and power button fixed in homebrew launcher
    • some kind of background running apps via HANS engine (game enhancement/ N3ds clocking options/romhacking)
    although it seems most of this stuff is taken care in the homebrew launcher im curious about the payload information and if i can apply it in rxtools seeing how themehax also uses a payload.

10. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    do your own reading about something that you want to know.

11. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    he did not release a lot of user end information yet

12. tony_2018

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Do you need the HANS engine? I've heard some improvements.

13. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    NTR 3.0 has screenshot feature (the default one and another one that fixes some issues) and something similar to HANS (layeredFS plugin). Don't know how they compare though

14. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States

Since no one else seems to be answering your specific question...

At this time you probably cannot use the new 2.5 payloads with rxTools. You will most likely need to wait for the rxTools team to update their own payloads to work with the newer payloads for *hax 2.5. Nearest I can tell the ONLY think that 2.5 is adding that seems unique and not readily available to someone on 9.2 or lower (and thus able to use rxTools or another CFW) is the rom editing features of HANS. Unless you are REALLY set on editing/hacking a rom (and it looks like its more "customize the game" and less "infinite health") then just stick with whatever payload you are using atm that works for your setup.

15. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Smea released a whole video with this version update explaining all the new features... how is it not enough information ?

But, being a 9.0 user myself, I gotta say the e-Shop spoof is very nice to have.

tony_2018 likes this.
  16. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    NTR is closed source and useless to me. But that plugin system is something of envy