Any cool games like Cave Story?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Apr 5, 2009.

Apr 5, 2009

Any cool games like Cave Story? by War at 10:12 PM (1,069 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I started playing Cave Story again in hopes of finally beating it and it's great so far. Does anyone know any good games for the PC that are similar? Another one I know of is Knytt, but I haven't gotten around to playing it.

Also, as a side note, has anyone ever used ScummVM? Does it work well? Because my sister wants me to play Day of the Tentacle (I think that's what it's called?) and I was wondering if it will run fine and if there were other good games I should try.

2. flameiguana

Member flameiguana that's not me

United States
    How about La-Mulana its a sidescroller game of the same style, but with more puzzles. I just learned about it yesterday so I haven't played it, but I will soon. I played Knytt stories a little but I didn't like it.

Get it here: Wiki Page

edit: crap

3. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    ScummVM, in all its iterations, works very well.

I suggest "Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max: Hit the Road."
    Both are some of the greatest adventure games there ever were.

I'm not sure about Cave Story-esque games, but Icy Tower has always been a fun time waster and a little addicting!

4. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Man I love Icy Tower! Why isn't Cave Story out yet for the Wii? Sheesh. I wonder if it will come out on DSi as well...