Any cool games like Cave Story?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Apr 5, 2009.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I started playing Cave Story again in hopes of finally beating it and it's great so far. Does anyone know any good games for the PC that are similar? Another one I know of is Knytt, but I haven't gotten around to playing it.

Also, as a side note, has anyone ever used ScummVM? Does it work well? Because my sister wants me to play Day of the Tentacle (I think that's what it's called?) and I was wondering if it will run fine and if there were other good games I should try.

2. flameiguana

flameiguana that's not me

Jul 12, 2008
    United States
    California
    How about La-Mulana its a sidescroller game of the same style, but with more puzzles. I just learned about it yesterday so I haven't played it, but I will soon. I played Knytt stories a little but I didn't like it.

Get it here: Wiki Page

edit: crap

3. Devante

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    ScummVM, in all its iterations, works very well.

I suggest "Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max: Hit the Road."
    Both are some of the greatest adventure games there ever were.

I'm not sure about Cave Story-esque games, but Icy Tower has always been a fun time waster and a little addicting!

4. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Man I love Icy Tower! Why isn't Cave Story out yet for the Wii? Sheesh. I wonder if it will come out on DSi as well...