Gaming Any Cool DS Lite Shells left on the market?

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know if there's a similar eBay listing for GBA SP shells?

Yes I ordered a gold one last month and installed it. The color wasn't the same as I'm the picture on ebay so they are giving me a partial refund.

Just search "gba sp shell" in ebay and sort by lowest price. So many options!

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/I-Gold-Full-Ho...P-Gameboy-Advance-SP-/291576693799?nav=SEARCH

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do understand that are plenty of tutorials, but I'm kind of scared about disassembling it myself because I'm worried I'd break it.

Do you (or anybody else here) have any experience with disassembling these things? Assuming I have no prior experience, would replacing the shell be a dumb idea?

I have disassembled a DS Lite about 30 times now, it seems daunting at first but eventually it becomes really easy and familiar. One of the hardest parts for me is getting the wireless card wire behind the ds cartridge when re-attaching everything as there's like no room behind that thing. Also make sure the volume and power switches are lined up perfectly when placing the backing on. And for GOODNESS SAKE don't lose the pins and springs for the L and R buttons. They take a lot of patience when putting the shell back together, as you will just about have it closed and one of them will likely "spring" free. Buy a broken one and dissect it before taking your good ds apart maybe.

Attachments

• 2015-11-03 21.37.22.png
    2015-11-03 21.37.22.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 2015-11-03 21.38.00.png
    2015-11-03 21.38.00.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 189

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it a real shame that the 3DS isnt cheap enough yet to merit there being a widespread hardware modding community like there was for the DS lites. I absolutely love scrolling through the pages and pages of modded DS lites here.

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why cases that are more comfortable in your hands don't exist. My favourite DS is the DSi XL and it is impossible to find a grip accessory for it.

D

Deleted-236924

You may want to explore eBay for a case that comes with hinges as many don't.
Mine didn't come with hinges, well I mean, it had the hinge piece with the LED plastic piece and all, but it didn't have the actual metal hinge pieces that you stick into the holes that actually holds the screen open.
If replacing the case on a DS then you would be able to re-use the pieces from your old one, anyway.

I have disassembled a DS Lite about 30 times now, it seems daunting at first but eventually it becomes really easy and familiar. One of the hardest parts for me is getting the wireless card wire behind the ds cartridge when re-attaching everything as there's like no room behind that thing.
I just stick the wireless card wire through the same place as the microphone wire, seems to be working fine. They come out from a hole near the touch screen's connector and it seems like there's plenty of space to run two wires there, not sure why Nintendo made the wire run under the DS cartridge slot.

Last edited by ,

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just stick the wireless card wire through the same place as the microphone wire, seems to be working fine. They come out from a hole near the touch screen's connector and it seems like there's plenty of space to run two wires there, not sure why Nintendo made the wire run under the DS cartridge slot.[/QUOTE]

Good thinking! I should try that next time. I've accidentally separated the wireless plug from it's wire trying to get it out from under slot 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night