Homebrew Any CIA entrance to Homebrew Launcher in CFWs?

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Noob question, yet I haven't found anything like this. Despite exploits like Ninjhax or Oot3Dhax or somewhat, is there any homebrew(something in CIA format, so I can easily access HBL in CFWs) that can run HBL directly?
Or maybe, something that can run *.3dsx or *.bin?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does this cia launch exactly? Does it contain its own hbl, or does it load a 3dsx file? (which would be the hbl then of course)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What does this cia launch exactly? Does it contain its own hbl, or does it load a 3dsx file? (which would be the hbl then of course)

It launches the latest hax payload for your 3DS, so it would look for whatever boot.3dsx is on your SD card, unless you manually edit the payload after it's downloaded.

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It launches the latest hax payload for your 3DS, so it would look for whatever boot.3dsx is on your SD card, unless you manually edit the payload after it's downloaded.
The problem with this is you can't have sysnand hax launch something different. I ended up having to use CtrBootManager or something and just add rxTools and HBL to that. Then I can launch the HBL from CFW and select Homebrew Loader instead of rxTools.

I've seen people suggesting to hex edit the payload so it points to another 3dsx besides boot.3dsx, but that doesn't do anything besides change the name of the .3dsx the payload launches. The same end can be achieved by just renaming a .3dsx to boot.3dsx and replacing the one on the SD card root.

Last edited by Ar7ific1al,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this is you can't have sysnand hax launch something different. I ended up having to use CtrBootManager or something and just add rxTools and HBL to that. Then I can launch the HBL from CFW and select Homebrew Loader instead of rxTools.

I've seen people suggesting to hex edit the payload so it points to another 3dsx besides boot.3dsx, but that doesn't do anything besides change the name of the .3dsx the payload launches. The same end can be achieved by just renaming a .3dsx to boot.3dsx and replacing the one on the SD card root.
What I do is have my HomeMenuHax payload point to boot.3dsx so it boots directly into CtrBootManager which waits three seconds then boots into rxTools, and I have my Homebrew Loader Launcher payload (for my EmuNAND) point to menu.3dsx which is my Homebrew Loader. I also have CtrBootManager have the menu.3dsx as an option. This way I can easily go into the Hombrew Loader from SysNAND or EmuNAND without any hassle.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

That's exactly the point though, by editing either of the payloads, you can have separate 3dsx files that boot, with no need for the middleman menu unless you want it. I chose to edit the sysNAND payload on my setup, which boots into ReiNAND unless I hold R (thanks to BootCTR), upon which time I get the HB Grid launcher, Decrypt9, or other options thanks to CTRBM instead. It's not neccessary to edit payloads, no, but it's useful in some situations, like mine.

Last edited by daxtsu,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use CtrBootManager to autoboot, and you want use homebrew loader to boot hbl on emunand, you will need edit the hax of boot.3dsx

I used this tutorial to get it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...t-menuhax-ctrbootmanager.408540/#post-5934360
It's pretty basic, I wouldn't say it needs a tutorial. Just go into the payload and hexedit "boot.3dsx" to anything else with the same number of characters. I think it should be pretty obvious what doing that means.

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What I do is have my HomeMenuHax payload point to boot.3dsx so it boots directly into CtrBootManager which waits three seconds then boots into rxTools, and I have my Homebrew Loader Launcher payload (for my EmuNAND) point to menu.3dsx which is my Homebrew Loader. I also have CtrBootManager have the menu.3dsx as an option. This way I can easily go into the Hombrew Loader from SysNAND or EmuNAND without any hassle.

I think I've missed something. You're using multiple payloads? One for sysNAND and one for EmuNAND?

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. One payload for HomeMenuHax (for SysNAND) and another for Homebrew Launcher Loader (for EmuNAND).
Can you elaborate, please? I just have one payload for menuhax which my sysnand uses to launch CtrBootManager. The HBL CIA in my emunand uses the same payload.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you elaborate, please? I just have one payload for menuhax which my sysnand uses to launch CtrBootManager. The HBL CIA in my emunand uses the same payload.

The HB launcher CIA uses "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload (plus some other stuff).bin", and MenuHax uses a different one altogether. If your CIA isn't, try holding down Y when launching it so it saves the payload to your SD card.

Reactions: Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HB launcher CIA uses "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload (plus some other stuff).bin", and MenuHax uses a different one altogether. If your CIA isn't, try holding down Y when launching it so it saves the payload to your SD card.
That's good to know, thanks very much. :)

Strangely enough, I did this before but it didn't work. Now, however, it works fine? I don't understand it but I'm not going to complain. LOL I now have coldboot to CtrBootManager, which autoboots rxTools EmuNAND, and the HBL CIA in my EmuNAND now launches HBL. With just the one payload. :)

Reactions: daxtsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
That's good to know, thanks very much. :)

Strangely enough, I did this before but it didn't work. Now, however, it works fine? I don't understand it but I'm not going to complain. LOL I now have coldboot to CtrBootManager, which autoboots rxTools EmuNAND, and the HBL CIA in my EmuNAND now launches HBL. With just the one payload. :)
How did you manage that? I coldboot RXTools and Gateway but my HBL .cia just boots to a black screen even when downloading the new payload by holding "y" whilst booting up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte