Any CIA entrance to Homebrew Launcher in CFWs?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LunaLogic, Jan 21, 2016.

1. LunaLogic
    OP

LunaLogic Gimme DLDI please.

Jan 21, 2016
    Switzerland
    Under the Great Firewall
    Noob question, yet I haven't found anything like this. Despite exploits like Ninjhax or Oot3Dhax or somewhat, is there any homebrew(something in CIA format, so I can easily access HBL in CFWs) that can run HBL directly?
    Or maybe, something that can run *.3dsx or *.bin?

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Acro likes this.
  3. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    try homebrew launcher .cia

you found it here in gbatemp

4. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
  5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Don't forget to hold Y to save the payload when starting the CIA.

6. LunaLogic
    OP

LunaLogic Gimme DLDI please.

Jan 21, 2016
    Switzerland
    Under the Great Firewall
    Thanks guys, that's EXACTLY what I want:lol:

7. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    What does this cia launch exactly? Does it contain its own hbl, or does it load a 3dsx file? (which would be the hbl then of course)

8. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    It launches the latest hax payload for your 3DS, so it would look for whatever boot.3dsx is on your SD card, unless you manually edit the payload after it's downloaded.

9. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    The problem with this is you can't have sysnand hax launch something different. I ended up having to use CtrBootManager or something and just add rxTools and HBL to that. Then I can launch the HBL from CFW and select Homebrew Loader instead of rxTools.

I've seen people suggesting to hex edit the payload so it points to another 3dsx besides boot.3dsx, but that doesn't do anything besides change the name of the .3dsx the payload launches. The same end can be achieved by just renaming a .3dsx to boot.3dsx and replacing the one on the SD card root.

Last edited by Ar7ific1al, Jan 22, 2016
  10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    What I do is have my HomeMenuHax payload point to boot.3dsx so it boots directly into CtrBootManager which waits three seconds then boots into rxTools, and I have my Homebrew Loader Launcher payload (for my EmuNAND) point to menu.3dsx which is my Homebrew Loader. I also have CtrBootManager have the menu.3dsx as an option. This way I can easily go into the Hombrew Loader from SysNAND or EmuNAND without any hassle.

11. VaiCorunthians

VaiCorunthians GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2014
    Brazil
  12. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    That's exactly the point though, by editing either of the payloads, you can have separate 3dsx files that boot, with no need for the middleman menu unless you want it. I chose to edit the sysNAND payload on my setup, which boots into ReiNAND unless I hold R (thanks to BootCTR), upon which time I get the HB Grid launcher, Decrypt9, or other options thanks to CTRBM instead. It's not neccessary to edit payloads, no, but it's useful in some situations, like mine.

Last edited by daxtsu, Jan 22, 2016
  13. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    It's pretty basic, I wouldn't say it needs a tutorial. Just go into the payload and hexedit "boot.3dsx" to anything else with the same number of characters. I think it should be pretty obvious what doing that means.

14. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    But that would take up a uneconomic amount of data on the SD card.

15. Ar7ific1al

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    I think I've missed something. You're using multiple payloads? One for sysNAND and one for EmuNAND?

16. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Yes. One payload for HomeMenuHax (for SysNAND) and another for Homebrew Launcher Loader (for EmuNAND).

17. Ar7ific1al

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    Can you elaborate, please? I just have one payload for menuhax which my sysnand uses to launch CtrBootManager. The HBL CIA in my emunand uses the same payload.

18. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    The HB launcher CIA uses "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload (plus some other stuff).bin", and MenuHax uses a different one altogether. If your CIA isn't, try holding down Y when launching it so it saves the payload to your SD card.

Ar7ific1al likes this.
  19. Ar7ific1al

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    That's good to know, thanks very much. :)

Strangely enough, I did this before but it didn't work. Now, however, it works fine? I don't understand it but I'm not going to complain. LOL I now have coldboot to CtrBootManager, which autoboots rxTools EmuNAND, and the HBL CIA in my EmuNAND now launches HBL. With just the one payload. :)

daxtsu likes this.
  20. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    How did you manage that? I coldboot RXTools and Gateway but my HBL .cia just boots to a black screen even when downloading the new payload by holding "y" whilst booting up.