Hacking Any Chance that we will get a Usb -> Usb WUP installer?

Angelo Spagnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, WUP installer aliied with uTikDownloadHelper is a great and easy way to get our hands on great wii U games. BUT as we all know, some games are quite large and WE ALLWAYS WANT MORE.

After downloading all the 167 USA games avaliable on uTikDownloadHelper yesterday i went to a local store an bought a 2tb USB HDD for a around 60. In home, i grabbed my 64GB SD card and copied the first wave of games to it. Setup Wii U and started installing them with WUP.

It took around half an our to install the first wave, and then i started to re-do all the process to the second wave, and so on.

While i'm writing this i'm on the fourth wave and i'm really starting to get bothered about all that come and go...

That's where my question lies on: wIll we get a Usb to Usb version of WUP installer or is that technically impossible? I'm not complaining about the guys work, i appreciate that, i'm just trying to make my miserably life even easier.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
installation from USB is not possible for the moment but soon we will see custom Nand with signature patch, so you can directly paste the games (loadiine format or WUD format) on USB and run them normally.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
installation from USB is not possible for the moment but soon we will see custom Nand with signature patch, so you can directly paste the games (loadiine format or WUD format) on USB and run them normally.
That's not how it works, buddy... You can't just paste games onto a USB stick and expect them to load, and redNAND's already out with sigPatches... http://gbatemp.net/posts/6789795/

Angelo Spagnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm satisfied with WUP Installer. It serves me very well. A CFW is allways good, but the easier the better for me. For now HBL + WUP Installer is fine. I'm just wondering if it can get even easier.

Reactions: naddel81

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm satisfied with WUP Installer. It serves me very well. A CFW is allways good, but the easier the better for me. For now HBL + WUP Installer is fine. I'm just wondering if it can get even easier.
Like a NUSGrabber+ticket puller+patcher all done on the Wii U, that would be nice. :) Like FreeShop U.

Reactions: naddel81

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I want usb loading with decompiled games. That's all I'm asking for.

Also DLC and online would be sweet too.
Maybe one day we'll get a disc ripper built into it like CFGLoader has on the Wii, where you just pop the disc in, press the + button, and it installs the game in a playable state. Not sure how long until we reach that point, but I hope within 2017.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one day we'll get a disc ripper built into it like CFGLoader has on the Wii, where you just pop the disc in, press the + button, and it installs the game in a playable state. Not sure how long until we reach that point, but I hope within 2017.
I'm hoping eventually we do get a loader of that sort since not every Wii U game gets a physical release and that's the only way to get a .wud

Until something else can read decompiled, Loadiine is still the superior choice to me. I am jealous of you usb loader users though.

dozvgkka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I hate bumping arbitrary discussion threads... but looking at what people are saying here + having gone over code of available utilities I want to give DEFINITE answer:
uTikDownloadHelper + WupInstaller is the best combo you'll have until IOSU hack is further developed.

Is it technically possible to implement something that combines uTikDonwloadHelper and WupInstaller so you just sit at your Wii U and install games? Yes (nothing stops WupInstaller from fetching titles online the way uTikDownloadHelper does)
Will you see it implemented? Obviously no. Coding and practical issues (connection interrupt, developing good GUI in WupInstaller, etc) aside, it's well beyond gray area of homebrew so I doubt you'll see it allowed here.

Honestly, I'm waiting for "put disc and install game" functionality. I love that one since it requires physical copy - we should always be reminded that all this is made possible by people who gave their hard earned $$$ to Nintendo and game devs. As it is always said - if you enjoy game, buy it and support devs!!!

Now /thread

Last edited by dozvgkka69,

Angelo Spagnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, I hate bumping arbitrary discussion threads... but looking at what people are saying here + having gone over code of available utilities I want to give DEFINITE answer:
uTikDownloadHelper + WupInstaller is the best combo you'll have until IOSU hack is further developed.

Is it technically possible to implement something that combines uTikDonwloadHelper and WupInstaller so you just sit at your Wii U and install games? Yes (nothing stops WupInstaller from fetching titles online the way uTikDownloadHelper does)
Will you see it implemented? Obviously no. Coding and practical issues (connection interrupt, developing good GUI in WupInstaller, etc) aside, it's well beyond gray area of homebrew so I doubt you'll see it allowed here.

Honestly, I'm waiting for "put disc and install game" functionality. I love that one since it requires physical copy - we should always be reminded that all this is made possible by people who gave their hard earned $$$ to Nintendo and game devs. As it is always said - if you enjoy game, buy it and support devs!!!

Now /thread

Is my english bad and my question wasn't well made? Just to make it clear: What i was wondering isn't the development of a uTikDonwloadHelper on Wii U. I want the possibility to install with WupInstaller using ANOTHER USB HDD, instead of using a SD -> USBHDD method, just because SD can hold quite few games until i had to put it back on PC and load all games on it to install, over and over again. I want the possibility to install 160 games at once, from a USB HDD to another USB HDD, gotcha?

If that's going to happen? I don't know, its just something that would help my life and make selling wiiu's rentable to me.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there isn't anything like that yet? I have to redownload my disc games if I want them in digital form?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16