ROM Hack Any chance FFTA2 gets a speedup hack?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just played some FFTA2, and it really annoys me that the gamespeed is so slow. It takes like 1 second till an attack is done, the battle starts too slowly, ...
All the rest is great, but it's just too slow.
So any chance we would see a speedhack for this gem?

Azn_Tomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one is still a bit slower than the previous ones, imo.
Although you want a tactics game that is long? Go look at Tactics Ogre. Great game, but jesus its slow. I played it before any other tactics games though so i didn't think much of it at the time.

madpinger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
madpinger.com
XP
Country
United States
Its too slow imo but I can live with it. Its nice enough imo. Looks like the AI is a bit taxing the poor ole cpu. The menus respond more then quickly enough. Its just waiting on the AI controled units is a tad .. slow... YOu get used to it in the end I guess. lol

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I find it too slow, I can't play it for longer for an hour, because then it just occurs to me how slow this game is...
I really hope someone puts out a speedhack, although it's not as slow as Tactics Ogre (which I played too)

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I too played Pokemon D/P, and I quit because it was too slow.
Even with text going fast and battle moves off, it's just too slow.
I really hope developers are going to put more time in that!

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GBAccelerator DS

http://www.division-6.com/store/gbaccelerator-ds-pr-8.html

I too quit pokemon and I deleted FFTA2 for the same reasons. But I don't have the balls to overclock it...

I doubt we'll see a speedhack. All games run at the set speed of the ARM proc, unlike the PSP where the software tells the cpu what speed to go at. Other than physically changing the game I would think a simple patch would be impossible unless you actually have the source code or something? And if it hasn't been done for pokemon then well...

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I played Both FFTA and Tactics Ogre for the GBA and even if they are slow, the game is ok. I played Turn based strategy games in the PC like Might and Magic, and they are even slower. I think the FTTA2 doesn't need a hack, because the game is to beautiful, the animations and effects ere better than the previous FFTA. I also played the remake of the FFT in the PSP, but that was really slow. The slowest game I played was Ogre Battle 64 in the emu, because a problem with the graphics the game runs slow. I've played other Turn based strategy games in other consoles, like Fire emblem (I want to play the wii version, but don't have a wii
unsure.gif
), and the nicest are slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE