Any benefit in ImgBurn to verifying your disks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hazz, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. Hazz
    OP

Newcomer Hazz Advanced Member

United States
    It was a default option when I got the program. I was wondering if you need to verify or not. I have never had a problem with any burn or game, but was wondering if the extra 15 minutes to verify was necessary.

2. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No benefit.... If you have a coaster you have a coaster...
    Takes you 2 second in your Wii to find that out!....

-Kitt050383

3. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Agreed with kitt

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If the verify succeeds this means nothing, but if the verify fails you have a coaster, the game is maybe playable, but verify fail == PC can't copy 100% of the disc back to your HDD.

5. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Theres still the chance that it will boot up properly, but an error might occur later on in the game...

6. FlatFrogger

Member FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Imgburn/nero/etc whatever I use, I always verify, sure it takes like 1 minute longer but i'd rather know the disk is pretty much perfect as it can be.

I also use dvdinfopro to check the quality of my disc/burn as well when I swap media types.

7. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I always let it verify, which always succeeds.

8. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Then why still do it, you *are* the burning god apparently as you have never had a faulty disc/burn [​IMG]?

Seriously naturally there is a benifit in ImgBurn verifying ur disc, you know that whatever was written to it is on there properly. That way when say your laser in your Wii is bad (or the one in your PC mind you, that could cause incorrect burning or veryfying) the disc itself is okay. Sure inserting it in your Wii tells you if it boots or not but it doesn't tell you much else.

All in all I tend not to verify unless it it data I NEED to be properly burned to disc (think projects for university and such). Aside from that if it is a bad burn I simply burn another disc (preferably form a different batch / dye) and be done with it. If that one also gives me trouble it's checking the drive/laser of either the PC or the Wii (or whatever system I am working with that is giving trouble).

9. geedub

Member geedub GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i agree , and if it does happen to give you an error at some point during gameplay then just burn another from backup ! pointless IMO