Gaming Any anti-piracy FFIV or DQIV?

Djay187

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm about to start playing either FFIV or DQIV on my R4 or my M3 Real and I wondered if there's any anti-piracy on them like there was on FF:CC. I've tried searching the forums but could not find any information.
Any help appreciated.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Edgedancer said:
I dont remember. The piracy protection started with Chrono Trigger.

Wrong. It started with FFCC: Ring of Fates with the infamous Moogle of Death screen.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jax said:
Edgedancer said:
I dont remember. The piracy protection started with Chrono Trigger.

Wrong. It started with FFCC: Ring of Fates with the infamous Moogle of Death screen.
I had forgotten about that but I meant that they only really started cracking down on piracy in the recent releases.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Yeah but it was Squeenix to really started with FFCCROF and basically with all of their recent releases they have been doing it.. But that soon gets cracked by our cheat team.. We dont get recognised enough for what we do.. Not me personally but us as a group.. Just think of all the stuff we have done for you guys.. (Codes, Bypass Codes, Guides, Patches, fixes etc.. )

Anyway, Yeah I dont think FFIV or DQIV have anti-piracy bugs weaved into them..

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Yeah but it was Squeenix to really started with FFCCROF and basically with all of their recent releases they have been doing it.. But that soon gets cracked by our cheat team.. We dont get recognised enough for what we do.. Not me personally but us as a group.. Just think of all the stuff we have done for you guys.. (Codes, Bypass Codes, Guides, Patches, fixes etc.. )

Anyway, Yeah I dont think FFIV or DQIV have anti-piracy bugs weaved into them..

Even tho FF CC and Chrono Trigger didn't appeal much to me it's nice to know if any future games come to have any issues like those two games i'm grateful for the whole team that works on codes/bypasses etc etc
yaynds.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
didn't DQIV have the "stuck on ship" thingy?
or was that a different game in that series?

anyway, the only FF games with anti-piracy are the CC games.

Djay187

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all your replies. I started FFIV, been playing for about half hour and no thanks for playing message or such like so far.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, DQ IV, and FF IV have no piracy protection. Also, the "stuck on the ship" thing was for DQ V Japanese. Anyway, enjoy those two awesome RPGs!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know any problems with FF4 were fixed in the newest R4 kernal. It messed up on one of the kernals, but you could fix it by downgrading the R4 kernal. So I don't think it was a piracy issue, just a bug in the loader. If you use the latest loader, it'll run fine. I don't think DQ4 ever had any copy protection.

thedicemaster: the neverending ship part was in DQ5 DS. It'll probably be in the Us version too. Unless they get creative and do something else too.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
As far as I know any problems with FF4 were fixed in the newest R4 kernal. It messed up on one of the kernals, but you could fix it by downgrading the R4 kernal. So I don't think it was a piracy issue, just a bug in the loader. If you use the latest loader, it'll run fine. I don't think DQ4 ever had any copy protection.

thedicemaster: the neverending ship part was in DQ5 DS. It'll probably be in the Us version too. Unless they get creative and do something else too.

FF4 works fine on my R4 with the latest *and last* kernel. v1.18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread