any alternatives for the silicone analog stick contact?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by cefca, Aug 6, 2013.

1. cefca
    OP

cefca Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2006
    United States
    i ordered a replacement analog stick module for my psp 2000 for the cap. i should've just placed the cap and be done with it...but i had to take out the original one and put in the new one. it didn't work and so i was watching videos on youtube about replacing it and noticed that i was missing the clear jelly silicone so i took it off my old one and put it on the new one.

the new module wasn't a perfect fit so i had to clip excess plastic from the screw hole until it went in right. unfortunately all my previous attempts kept damaging the silicone contact.

i was going to order one off dx but it seems like such a rip off for a tiny little thing like that to be more than a dollar and i fear i will have the same problem, trying to get it in without it going all crazy/erratic and repeated insertions will damage it again.

so i was wondering if there is a more "sure fire" way to read the analog stick module. i was thinking of pasting some conductive glue on the joystick contacts then letting it harden and sliding it underneath onto the board that way it will be a full complete contact BUTTTTTTT i'm not entirely sure this is a good idea so i'm holding off on that.

2. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    I'm not sure but I believe that the contact rubber separates the signals, adding conductive glue would just send scrambled signals to the board. Do note that's just what I believe.

You should just order a new one. Or order two and sell one local and try to get the money back that way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice