downset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello,

i recently bought a M3 real to "upgrade" from my M3 simply, only for the 8gb sdhc support

i loved the simply, it showed a nice small list of my games, i would pick one and play
the m3 real shows only 4 games on the screen and scrolls slower than anything i've ever seen, and always gives the menu for cheats and stuff, with 8gb of games this is even more of a problem scrolling down to a games is just frustrating

is there any way or firmware or something to have a menu that looks more like m3 sipmly?
i dont care for any of the multimedia/cheat/pda function, i just want to select a game and play

if not what other flash card with sdhc support has a clean easy menu without all the crap, just like the m3 simply had?

thanks for any help/suggestions

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you can do anything about that. I know if you use the L or the R buttons, they skip to the next page instead of using the D pad to scroll up or down. The top buttons will make it a little bit faster when scrolling through your games. For me, this is the only card I have been using, so I can't say if there is a way to change the menu. For me I like when it shows the icons of the games. To each his own. I am very happy with my DS real. No problems at all. The only thing, is that I can't change the skin for my moonshell.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you arent alone in your distaste for the Real's interface sadly the only ones that can fix it are the people who make the firmware and they are probably concerned more with updating the firmware for new game compatibility.

I too had an M3 Simply, and the interface is much better on it, but the GBA support, Download play and SDHC support do compensate for the annoyance, even if they don't alleviate it

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If there's one thing that needs to be fixed it's the icon transparency. The red/magenta/green icon background really annoy the hell out of me.

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like you didn't really need the dsReal if you wanted more basic needs - you can try the new Edge card or just keep your Simple and buy mulitple microSD cards - have one card for platform games - one card for puzzles - one for... you get the idea.

i recently bought a M3 real to "upgrade" from my M3 simply, only for the 8gb sdhc support

i loved the simply, it showed a nice small list of my games, i would pick one and play
the m3 real shows only 4 games on the screen and scrolls slower than anything i've ever seen, and always gives the menu for cheats and stuff, with 8gb of games this is even more of a problem scrolling down to a games is just frustrating

is there any way or firmware or something to have a menu that looks more like m3 sipmly?
i dont care for any of the multimedia/cheat/pda function, i just want to select a game and play

if not what other flash card with sdhc support has a clean easy menu without all the crap, just like the m3 simply had?

thanks for any help/suggestions

downset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks like you didn't really need the dsReal if you wanted more basic needs - you can try the new Edge card or just keep your Simple and buy mulitple microSD cards - have one card for platform games - one card for puzzles - one for... you get the idea.

so because they messed up there interface i should stick with small memory cards?
i didn't need the ds real i just want sdhc support and a good menu

there is no reason why they can't include sdhc support, or whatever other future and still keep a good speedy interface

i don't mind the icons, but the thing is slooooow and clumsy, if you scroll back up it jumps 4 spaces at once, i used to have a ds-link, that also displayed the icons, but it was way better than the m3 real

its not the end of the world, i mean the card works, but it would be nice to have an alternative, i am still hoping they fix some issues with a firmware update

what other brand has a better interface?

downset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thx, i will check them out

is the new r4 the ver2? so this would be basically the same as an m3 simply but with sdhc support?

gavinp

Trophies
XP
Country
The CycloDS has a mode where it shows a text list with smaller icons next to them as well as sorting them into alphabetical order for you.

The bad news is that they seem unable to bypass the health and safety warning screen at switch on and the "fix" is to flash your firmware just to avoid this issue - so it doesn't work straight out of the box unlike the M3 Simply, M3 Real, DS TT....

Very frustrating.

downset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i read that the cyclo ds is the same as the edge, but more expensive with more features (to be more precise the edge is a clone of the cyclo)

so i am going to order the edge soon, i saw a movie on youtube and the interface is lightning fast in icon mode and you can switch both to list view as stated above

seems like the perfect slot 1 nds flash card to me, i don't mind the health and safety screen as much as the slow unresponsive menu's, either way i also don't mind having to flash my DS

thanks guys for the great tip about the clyclo an edge cards

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say to stick with small cards , I just gave you a choice - the edge is one or to keep the simple card you like and buy more memory. sorry, I was only trying to help.

so because they messed up there interface i should stick with small memory cards?
i didn't need the ds real i just want sdhc support and a good menu

there is no reason why they can't include sdhc support, or whatever other future and still keep a good speedy interface

i don't mind the icons, but the thing is slooooow and clumsy, if you scroll back up it jumps 4 spaces at once, i used to have a ds-link, that also displayed the icons, but it was way better than the m3 real

its not the end of the world, i mean the card works, but it would be nice to have an alternative, i am still hoping they fix some issues with a firmware update

what other brand has a better interface?

downset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry if my post sounded like it was abusive to you, english is not my first language and maybe my intonation was put wrong in writing
smile.gif

my frustration is purely with the m3 real interface, and i am very grateful for your replies and help, thx again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: