Homebrew Any advantages to emunand on 11.0?

mehmeh11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I don't really know what emunand does, so I'm just asking if it has any advantages over simply menu/browser/basehaxx

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is pretty much a NAND you can update, etc, so you can go online on lower firmwares. It lets you install non-legit CIAs so you can pirate and install custom made CIAs.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, along that tangent, is there anyone who's attempted downgrading a 2DS for the A9LH install? I happen to have one that I left at 9.2.0, but I've heard that downgrading past FW 6.0.0 basically insta-bricks it (since it never actually ran any firmware before that).

I'm just curious, because if someone can confirm it's safe then I could in theory do the DSiWare downgrade

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, along that tangent, is there anyone who's attempted downgrading a 2DS for the A9LH install? I happen to have one that I left at 9.2.0, but I've heard that downgrading past FW 6.0.0 basically insta-bricks it (since it never actually ran any firmware before that).

I'm just curious, because if someone can confirm it's safe then I could in theory do the DSiWare downgrade
2DS works just fine.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I'm reading the guide correctly, it WON'T brick when you flash your 2.1.0 RedNAND to SysNAND? Do you need to do anything special like making sure it doesn't go to sleep/shut off/etc?
Won't brick because you already went through the Red/EmuNand system settings setup procedure, which means you're already past the bit with the 3D slider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.